Why is app in Spanish?

I make my app in different versions. One version is for the AppStore. This version has a super weird problem: on my MacBook Air it shows up only in Spanish - both in the debugger and as built app.

For testing I have set the language in the IDE to German:

The system is set to English, the app should show up in German:

The other variations don’t have this problem. They show up in the correct language. I’ve just removed all build scripts. But the problem remains.

Using the app isn’t too bad in Spanish. But making screenshots sucks majorly.

Any ideas what might cause this? Xojo 2021r2.1 on 12.1 M1.

If it is wrapped, App Wrapper has a feature which removes languages you select
Has german been ticked for removal by accident?

What happens if you drag German language to the top of the system preferences languages?

Good idea. I removed all build scripts so AppWrapper doesn’t do anything.

I checked the translation files in the app and the 5 supported languages (English, German, French, Spanish and Italian) are all there.

I did a build on my iMac with High Sierra. The app shows up in the correct language on the M1.

I had the AppWrapper script in application support on the High Sierra computer. Partial languages are not deleted. I changed the AppWrapper script to run from the project and to also run in debug mode and now the correct language is shown on the M1.

Confused… What is different?

I typed a long ramble earlier and deleted it because it distilled into ‘I dont know’
I still dont know, but that app language screen is suspicious
It says ‘system default - German’ unlike the others which just say German.

I wonder if you had the default language set to be Spanish when you built it?
So the default is actually Spanish.
Since Spanish is not in your languages list it is unlikely, but…
Completely removing the app language setting might be interesting.

One of the above screenshots shows German as language in the Xojo IDE. I hadn’t noticed the “system default - German”. Yes, that looks very odd. The value is now changed to “German”.

Thanks for your help.

I had a similar problem with Chinese for a while…

Do you use plugins, James? Maybe they are the source of the presence of foreign languages into your final app.

Rick - I was just trying to draw attention to a similar problem caused by itinerant languages in the localised strings. Solved in the end but caused by inconsistent names for the various subsets of Chinese. I had to write a routine to go through the localised file and remove any of the languages that I didn’t want.