Why can't I print vector graphics from Windows - Mac is OK

I am confused as to why I cannot print a page that I have built entirely Using Vector Graphics from Windows when the same file prints perfectly fine to a Mac.

I am printing to the same printer because the Windows program is running on my Mac in a virtual box under Parallels. I am quite sure that I have missed something, possibly in the printing setup dialog.

As far as I can tell, all of the printing webinars are done on the Mac, which is understandable as you can preview as a PDF.

After all the Vector Graphics code (some of which is in different classes to help organise it) here is my code to do the printing:

Dim g As graphics = OpenPrinterDialog If g <> Nil Then g.DrawObject(mGroup2D, 300, 120)

DrawObject works fine for me on Windows. Maybe the problem lies with being in a virtual environment.

I did wonder that. I think I will send the app to my brother and see what happens when he prints it.

[quote=178194:@Cliff Strange]I am confused as to why I cannot print a page that I have built entirely Using Vector Graphics from Windows when the same file prints perfectly fine to a Mac.

I am printing to the same printer because the Windows program is running on my Mac in a virtual box under Parallels. I am quite sure that I have missed something, possibly in the printing setup dialog.

As far as I can tell, all of the printing webinars are done on the Mac, which is understandable as you can preview as a PDF.

After all the Vector Graphics code (some of which is in different classes to help organise it) here is my code to do the printing:

Dim g As graphics = OpenPrinterDialog If g <> Nil Then g.DrawObject(mGroup2D, 300, 120) [/quote]

You may want to drawobject to a picture graphics and display it in a canvas to see what is actually drawn.

I haven’t tried that yet, although it is a function I want to implement for a soft proof. I assume I just put the drawobject into the Paint Event of the Canvas.

That would work. It should show you if the issue is with the printer or with the drawObject in Windows.