Why are these textfields blocked?

Now your problem makes more sense:

• You can click on the TextArea
  • You can type on the TextArea
  • The flashing cursor doesn’t appear on the TextArea when you click on it until you first click the main window and back

Now you can ask people using Ventura if they see the same thing. And you can create an Issues report with this information. Maybe is a Ventura thing that will be fixed in a future release or maybe Xojo can do something about this.

Questions: Have you tried using DesktopTextArea instead? Do you see the same problem? I’m sorry I don’t have Ventura to test.

I tried it and it doesn’t make a difference. I must be a Ventura problem because I noticed now that this same problem appears in every other text field in the app.

I get the same thing in Ventura on my M1 Mac mini with R3.1

I have a workaround that fixes your problem.

Add an Open Event to the WinPillarMoments window.
in the Open Event add:

textPillarmoment1.SetFocus

In each textarea (you may want to subclass them), add a MouseDown Event. Inside the Mousedown Event add:

me.SetFocus

Now when you open the window, the first textarea will have the focus, and you’ll see the cursor. Click in any other text area and you’ll see the cursor blinking like it should.

Or you can just download the modified version and check out the results for yourself:
Modified Xojo Project

1 Like

Thanks Mark, this works perfectly!

1 Like

Please report this bug so Xojo could know about it. https://xojo.com/issues

1 Like

Ventura update is available, maybe this will fix it:

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 06.20.25

Installation is quick, however, I don’t have the problem in the first place so I can’t tell if it changed anything.

And now, you know it does not…

I already told you: it is not Xojo nor MacOS: it is your second and third paragraph. Copy / Paste two times your first paragraph (instead of what you already have there) and the trouble will disappear… magically!