Why are some Threads closed sooner than others?

Thank you for helping me to better understand the intension.

You don’t have to go this far… :slight_smile:

1 Like

While i do not agreed with every opinion, i think this Thread may help some to better understand why Threads are closed sooner than others.

These informations definitely helped me understand better.

Thank you @Anthony_Cyphers :+1:

2 Likes

I’m happy to discuss any time, with anyone, Sascha. Thank you for your understanding and a sensible discussion.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Old OS Version Compatibility

I couldn’t put my finger on it at first but now it clicked:

the longest running thread by far (4.2k posts, the second longest has 395 posts) was “pet peeves” https://forum.xojo.com/t/pet-peeves/17053/4262 which was never shut down.

I have to ask: why not?

It certainly doesn’t help with Xojo, but it fits your criteria for being shut down.

The only difference I see: it isn’t critical of Xojo.

The same is true for a number of other threads that have no relevance but continue, while a LOT of posts that can be considered critical and links to other resources (even if Xojo-related) that allow criticism are removed and threads shut down.

So I’m having a hard time swallowing that “we only want to help you by shutting down threads” explanation.

1 Like

It’s also in Off-Topic and meant to be a jovial discussion, not feedback for the Xojo team.

5 Likes

Just curious: what does it talks to ?

Reading its name was not appealing to me, so I left it alone.

There was nothing jovial about some of BH’s comments … they were downright insulting to others.