Where is my Xojo 2014r2 ?

It used to be “every 90 days”.
That changed some time ago to be “quarterly”.
But there are a lot of people who still think quarterly = 90 days.

No big deal - just have to point out that they are not one & the same

[quote=98703:@Emile Schwarz]90 days ellapsed since Release 1 / Tuesday goes yesterday.
[/quote]

There were a couple bank holidays and week long Xojo festival in between, so cut them some slack. Also, there is a movement to measure these times between releases in fortnights.

the releases are not “every 90 days”

they are “one per quarter”

it’s that simple

I ALWAYS release on bank holidays just to tick the banks off.

The only words I pay attention are “its available now, download here”. The one word I use when I read “Company X Announces” is “wow” and then I do absolutely nothing and completely forget about it. (OK, maybe I say “really, cool!” and that’s two words, I know. But I still forget about it.

There are industry observers and professional critics and knowledgeable advisers. I’m a coder, and that only. Give me the stuff when it is available (and if it works). Otherwise…

[h]IT… DOESN’T… EXIST!!![/h]

Bank holidays moves the 90 days forward, extending them to something else.

Folks QUARTERLY is NOT “every 90 days” - its “once per quarter” (maybe more frequently)

Read question #1

How frequently do you release updates?
Updates to Xojo are released quarterly.

Understandably I don’t ask for a new release, just wanted to comment all the 90-day wishes. :wink:

Norman - does quarterly mean every 90 days???
:slight_smile:

However, to really test, one needs to use real projects, so in the end you get products hopefully bug free. As for who is or is not a developer, this is your own conception of the word. Maybe a bit less dogmatism is necessary when talking about fellow programmers ?

[quote=98842:@Norman Palardy]Folks QUARTERLY is NOT “every 90 days” - its “once per quarter” (maybe more frequently)

Read question #1

Updates to Xojo are released quarterly.[/quote]
I bet steam comes out your ears at times :slight_smile:

[quote=98882:@Richard Summers]Norman - does quarterly mean every 90 days???
:)[/quote]

[quote=98842:@Norman Palardy]Folks QUARTERLY is NOT “every 90 days” - its “once per quarter” (maybe more frequently)

Read question #1

Updates to Xojo are released quarterly.[/quote]

For example we could release on Jan 2, then not again until June 30 and it still fits “quarterly” but definitely isn’t “every 90 days”

So is quarterly every 90 days :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

that delete button looks REALLY tempting :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean 129.600 minutes? :stuck_out_tongue:

I want plutonian quarters :stuck_out_tongue:

Some Off Topic messages deserves a Like and a Rolf link! Amando Blasco ROLFs this.

Is ROLF the same as ROFL?? :slight_smile:

Absolutely Not!.. How you dare to ask … :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

ROLF :slight_smile:

Rolling on Left Foot… You know… Plutonian way of laughing, quite obvious :stuck_out_tongue: ROLF!