Where examples are gone?

But nothing when online… Not important for mle because I know, but what about newbies ?

All in all, this was a strange move since people are meant to download them, so doing it at IDE download or later when they discovers the miss…

This is a strange world. :frowning:

:sweat_smile: :wink:

Irony, isn’t that what they use to make Steely.

2 Likes

Yes, just like if you want to use Xojo offline you need to first get online and download it.

Emile, I’m not clear what you asking for here. Feel free to add a Feature Request detailing what you are suggesting and we can review it.

I think Emile is thinking about the new users that don’t see the Examples option when they first lunch Xojo. I think the ‘problem’ is that by adding Android now the Examples option is not listed and you need to scroll to see it:

but yes, a Feature Request is better for reviewing this.

This basically is a non-issue.

I think that a newbie would explore that scrollbar showing “there are more things below”.

But I’m not affected by it on Windows:

I agree, just pointing out what Emile complained before about the Examples “not showing”.

On mac it depends on a Xojo internal setting (my guess), as I have to do some ‘tweaking’ to be able to get that screenshot:

• close all Xojo versions
  • open Xojo 2019 and reduce the dialog size
  • open Xojo 2024 and the Examples is not shown (need to scroll)
  • try to make the dialog bigger so the scrollbar is gone and the dialog ‘jumps’ to be taller so no scrollbar is shown
  • close Xojo 2024 and reopen, the dialog shows everything (no scroll)
  • use Xojo 2019 and select new project, the dialog is bigger than before (showing space below Examples)
2 Likes

Thanks Alberto for explaining! This does seem to change depending on settings and OS (launching 2024r1 on my Mac shows all the options with room to spare)

Adding this to Issues is really the best solution so the engineers can look into it. Because, like Emilie said for new people especially, we want everything visible to at first launch.

2 Likes

And if you try to reduce the size you can’t make it lower (to show the scroll bar but just to remove the space below Examples).
You need an older Xojo (without Android) to reduce the size more.
My guess is that this ‘size problem’ only affects users that have Xojo installed before Android (at least on Mac) and haven’t resized the dialog and should not affect new users that just start with Xojo.
I will create an Issue later today.

1 Like

Thank you Alberto!

1 Like

I added my info to this Issue: #76122

1 Like