Where does Xojo expect to find FontConfig?

Creating a pdf in a web app on my VPS always results in a “Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file" error. I suspect that Xojo is looking for etc/fonts/fonts.conf while it should be looking for /etc/fonts/fonts.conf.
Is there any way to change this?

You need to set the $FONTCONFIG_PATH properly. Usually it is set in /etc/profile but, if you are executing the command from a non login shell (e.g., through cron), then you need to set it explicitly by doing the following:

export FONTCONFIG_PATH=/etc/fonts
1 Like

echo $FONTCONFIG_PATH returns /etc/fonts

I have a managed VPS with InMotionHosting. I asked support to look into the problem and they reported that the VPS is configured properly and that the problem is in the Xojo app. When I look at the CPanel File Manager app, there is an etc directory in the default directory that contains a list of domains. When I use Terminal and enter

cd etc
ls

it returns the list of domains in the account

When I enter
cd /etc

it returns a bunch of directories, one of which is fonts.

I am wondering if Xojo is looking at the directory with the domains instead of /etc where it would find the file it wants.

The server I have access to, list these directories in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
/usr/share/fonts
/usr/local/share/fonts

I see some fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu and I just uploaded a font with Lifeboat and it appeared under /usr/local/share/fonts/

Found this forum topic: Current "Installing Fonts For Xojo Web"?

Lifeboat does some extra lifting for correctly configuring fonts. The thread Alberto linked has details about reloading fontconfig which could be a factor.

1 Like

I can’t recommend Lifeboat enough, it takes care of pretty much everything, I was having a headache dealing with fonts but Lifeboat takes care of that too.

1 Like