Where did TabStop go?

Somebody mentioned that TabStop should be on for labels so that visually impaired people can have the labels read to them.

I turned full access on in the system Preferences (keyboard -> shortcuts -> all controls) but the labels have no TabStop property in the inspector (using Xojo 2015 R3).

I checked Xojo 2013 R3 and the TabStop is there.

Where did it go???

[quote=234426:@Markus Winter]Somebody mentioned that TabStop should be on for labels so that visually impaired people can have the labels read to them.

I turned full access on in the system Preferences (keyboard -> shortcuts -> all controls) but the labels have no TabStop property in the inspector (using Xojo 2015 R3).

I checked Xojo 2013 R3 and the TabStop is there.

Where did it go???[/quote]
Check the cog/“Advanced” tab in the Inspector.

I did. The TabStop is only there when I add the label. I can set it to ON, but as soon as I hit run it is being set to OFF. If I deselect the label and select it again TabStop is completely gone.

Btw am on OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

It is the same here, but you can do the following to get access to the tab stop:

select the label with the mouse, then press and keep the “alt” key pressed and click the label again and the TabSop property gets visible.

Ah yes, confirmed.

Please file a bug report.

[quote=234448:@Torben Vikow]It is the same here, but you can do the following to get access to the tab stop:

select the label with the mouse, then press and keep the “alt” key pressed and click the label again and the TabSop property gets visible.[/quote]
Nice trick. However while the TabStop button appears, the setting is not honoured when you run the project. It changes immediately to OFF the moment you hit run.

What for?

I checked several versions of Xojo AND REALstudio and the bug is in all of them.

Looking through feedback I find that there is a verified bug report from 2010:

<https://xojo.com/issue/11029>

[i]11029 - RectControl.TabStop property appears to be broken in Mac OS
Status: Verified Rank: Not Ranked Product: Xojo Category: Framework » Macintosh

Charles Yeomans on 11.01.2010 at 18:06
Setting the TabStop property of a RectControl, either in the IDE or at runtime, appears not to work in Mac OS.
File attached: TabStop_Example.rbp.zip

Stephane Pinel on 03.03.2010 at 00:28
This case has been reviewed and verified by our testing staff.
Status changed from ‘Needs Review’ to ‘Verified’.[/i]

So the bug has been known for nearly six years.

Is it any wonder I stopped submitting bug reports?

[quote=234510:@Markus Winter]So the bug has been known for nearly six years.

Is it any wonder I stopped submitting bug reports?[/quote]

You are not alone with that point of view.

Another point is that I’m only a half men when voting for a Feedback case. I pay for the desktop license, but my voting has less value than one vote from a Xojo pro license member. So my opinion and votings are nothing worth or are ignored.

When I vote for a feedback case that touches my license then I should have the same power for voting than any other that license is touched by the feedback case.

Things that belongs to be repaired, should be repaired in short-term without a feedback case necessary.

In the moment I’m learning to program with swift in hope to do professional software development with swift soon. I wrote a small software in the last two weeks with Xojo and will convert it to swift as soon as possible to bring it to the market.