When I close my program with the rightcorner closebutton, it's stays active in the taskmanager.

When I close my program with the rightcorner closebutton, it’s stays active in the taskmanager.
If I close my program with File -> Close, it realy stops working and leaves the taskmanager.
For now, I just disabled the rightcorner close button.
Is there a way to fix that?

set APP.AUTOQUIT=TRUE in the APP Open Event

Hey Dave,
I have done this in my App.Open event but when I click the red close button on main window, the program does not quit.

If I do command Q or go under the menu and select quit then the app quits.

Not sure why clicking the red close on main window is not doing it.

Do you have any other windows open? (this includes windows that are not visible)

Pay attention to all the windows in your project, you may have some that we’re set to visible at design stage, but are not showing up. IMHO it’s best to make sure they’re set to false (visible property) and show them when you need to.

Also watch out for window management code, that may hold references to windows in the windows menu (if your application has one).

[quote=132669:@Tim Turner]Hey Dave,
I have done this in my App.Open event but when I click the red close button on main window, the program does not quit.

If I do command Q or go under the menu and select quit then the app quits.

Not sure why clicking the red close on main window is not doing it.[/quote]

If you want you app to quit when you close the window, just put quit in the window close event…

The major cause of this that I have found, is during the close process, something refers to an attribute of a window that has already been closed, causing it to “open” again (implied instance)… the window may not become visible, but it will hold the application open. This is what Sam is referring to… and can happen very easily if you are not careful.