What's Available as a Reporting Component?

Still using RealStudio version 12.2

Wondering if there’s been any improvements in the reporting component in the current release of XoJo?

Alternatively, what’s available as a 3rd party plugin that has a graphical designer?

Thanks.

You could have a look at https://forum.xojo.com/5586-dbreport-1-3-release.

The only graphical designers for reporting (that I’m aware of):
Valentina Reports
DBReports

We offer BKeeney Shorts but it most definitely not a GUI setup.

Thanks guys … I went with DBReports.

Didn’t there use to be a solution called “RSReport”?

I still use RSReport and am very satisfied with it. The problem is, the company who developed it seems to have abandoned it.

RSReport has been abandoned for some time and for a while their website was pointing customers to BKeeney Shorts. We were RSReport users too but they didn’t make the transition to Xojo and Cocoa so we felt compelled to make our own. Not surprising, I suppose, we made it a lot like RSReport and added some things that we needed. Converting from RSReport to BKeeney Shorts isn’t all that difficult (on purpose).

Good to know, thanks for the hint Bob. It’s a shame they didn’t open source it - their visual designer looked nice. So does your solution, btw.

Shorts is most powerful if you like to code all your report… almost maybe one day @Bob Keeney will offert a report designer :wink:

Some day, perhaps. Most major enhancements are consulting client driven so you never know. It might happen next month or in two years…

so you have committed to have it next month… :wink:

and no I am not trying to put words in your mouth. Cant wait to hear your presentation on reporting tools at XDC.

[quote=182736:@scott boss]so you have committed to have it next month… :wink:

and no I am not trying to put words in your mouth. Cant wait to hear your presentation on reporting tools at XDC.[/quote]
Haha! Well, I guess I walked into that one. :slight_smile:

See you at the conference!