what is xojo?

Hello, I will like to know anybody in Nigeria using xojo or better still why are people here not using it? All the programmer have asked do not even know such language exist. They said,xojo is not a lauguage. So,what is xojo if they are not right? Help

just go to www.xojo.com

Its a cross-platform program developement environment,
And obviously SOMEBODY in Nigeria has heard of it… YOU are here

Thank you. But how do I defend xojo here expecially with people am introducing it too? What is different about xojo to other programming language out there? Don’t mind me,am new in programing but I just like xojo and I wish everyone could use xojo. So,what are the limitation to cross-platform program like xojo?

Programming tools are like politics and religion… there is no “defending”… if it is the right tool, then it is, if its not, then its not… can we decide that for you? sorry, but we cannot.

Are there limitations? sure… are those limitations that affect its usefulness to you? We have no idea.
Are there other tools without limitiations? No… but again… do the limitations affect your requirements? up to you to decide.

Why do you feel the need to defend it?
If it is good enough for you, then use it. If it isn’t, then don’t.

What other developers are using surely doesn’t affect you in any way?

I remember reading on Bob’s blog that he made a trip to Nigeria to train developers on Real Studio, as it was called back then. Maybe those other programmers would know about Xojo under its previous name, Real Studio.

I am not sure you need to defend Xojo. It has been standing on it’s own for now close to thirty years, and countless developers have made a very good living using it. You may feel like you need to defend yourself for the tool you have chosen, but it is not the point. Bad workers blame the tool. Bad programmers think it is the language that make them good. It’s wrong. What makes a good programmer is imagination, perseverance, precision, curiosity, open mind, vision, creativity, and sometimes a drop of talent. Nobody in his right mind would question the kind of brushes Van Gogh used, or the make of the trumpet Dizzy Gillespie made vibrant. We got the result talking by itself.

Xojo is a fantastic tool in the right hands. Just as C can be pure crap used by the wrong guy. Just like a monkey and a computer will not create programs. Never mind the self proclaimed authorities. Walk you own path. Create your own master pieces. Learn and apply. Apply and learn. Enjoy the ride.

And when you talk to other programmers, talk about algorithms, football, whatever, but never nitty gritty and reserved words. They are of no importance.

As someone said in reply to a similar question not long ago : Xojo is a competitive advantage. Keep it for yourself and let lovers of complexity get stuck in mud.

Welcome !

@Dave S,Michel Bujardet,Pat Conarton,Richard Summers. I must say a big thank you to you all, for this great eyes opening reply. Great people,great forum. Thank you ones again.

[quote=170456:@Michel Bujardet]I am not sure you need to defend Xojo. It has been standing on it’s own for now close to thirty years, and countless developers have made a very good living using it. You may feel like you need to defend yourself for the tool you have chosen, but it is not the point. Bad workers blame the tool. Bad programmers think it is the language that make them good. It’s wrong. What makes a good programmer is imagination, perseverance, precision, curiosity, open mind, vision, creativity, and sometimes a drop of talent. Nobody in his right mind would question the kind of brushes Van Gogh used, or the make of the trumpet Dizzy Gillespie made vibrant. We got the result talking by itself.

Xojo is a fantastic tool in the right hands. Just as C can be pure !@#$% used by the wrong guy. Just like a monkey and a computer will not create programs. Never mind the self proclaimed authorities. Walk you own path. Create your own master pieces. Learn and apply. Apply and learn. Enjoy the ride.

And when you talk to other programmers, talk about algorithms, football, whatever, but never nitty gritty and reserved words. They are of no importance.

As someone said in reply to a similar question not long ago : Xojo is a competitive advantage. Keep it for yourself and let lovers of complexity get stuck in mud.

Welcome ![/quote]

Michel Bujardet said All and a little more, congratulations!

For me XOJO is the friendliest of all the languages, the community is fantastic and the staff XOJO is always willing to help, come to the community and be happy as I am !

[quote=170456:@Michel Bujardet] What makes a good programmer is imagination, perseverance, precision, curiosity, open mind, vision, creativity, and sometimes a drop of talent.[quote]
waouuuw, we need all those qualities to be able to developp? If I had knew that before, I would have never begin to make program with Xojo! :smiley:
It’s the same thing to be a good husband :slight_smile:

I think the best way and easiest way to show Xojo capabilities is to show the result. I show the program I made with Xojo, and nobody doubt Xojo is a development tool. And when I say I do that as a hobby, they ask how I wrote the code.

waouuuw, we need all those qualities to be able to developp? If I had knew that before, I would have never begin to make program with Xojo! :smiley:
It’s the same thing to be a good husband :slight_smile:

I think the best way and easiest way to show Xojo capabilities is to show the result. I show the program I made with Xojo, and nobody doubt Xojo is a development tool. And when I say I do that as a hobby, they ask how I wrote the code.

Edit : on iPad, instead of edit, it wrote a new post.

It’s been a number of years since I’ve talked with the client in Lagos, but I think ultimately they decided to use a different development tool.