what is the keyboard shortcut to switch tabs

On OS X, the keyboard shortcuts for switching tabs — Cmd-} and Cmd-{ — do nothing. What works?

Click
I think theres a feature request for this - don’t know the # off the top of my head

Why would it be a feature request? The keyboard shortcuts are in the User’s Guide. If they don’t work isn’t that a bug?

Sigh… Back to Real Studio 2012r2. Someone please let me know when it’s possible to actually get work done in Xojo…

[quote=100224:@Walter Purvis]Why would it be a feature request? The keyboard shortcuts are in the User’s Guide. If they don’t work isn’t that a bug?
[/quote]
Yes and no
Yes - because it previously worked in the old UI
No - because this is a new UI (and I suspect the docs never got revamped about this when the new UI was released)

The old UI had book marks
The new one doesn’t - thats by design - so is the absence a “bug” ? No

10 - 12 hours a day every day 6 days a week
<https://xojo.com/issue/24398>

Thanks for the feedback link. More than a year old, though, so I guess it’s obviously not a priority.

But you could have gotten the same amount of work done in 8-10 hours a day in the old IDE, am I right? I’m right.

And that doesn’t factor in the 6 months of complete downtime you’re eventually going to have after your RSI surgery.

[quote=100227:@Norman Palardy]Yes and no
Yes - because it previously worked in the old UI
No - because this is a new UI (and I suspect the docs never got revamped about this when the new UI was released)[/quote]

Also, it’s not just in the docs, it’s in the actual Xojo IDE. Under the Window menu there are menu items for Next Tab and Previous Tab, with Cmd-{ and Cmd-} shown as keyboard shortcuts. They don’t work, obviously. Aren’t completely non-functional menus considered a bug? (I mean, I consider the lack of keyboard shortcuts an affront to common decency, but at the very least it’s a bug, isn’t it?)

[quote=100228:@Walter Purvis]Thanks for the feedback link. More than a year old, though, so I guess it’s obviously not a priority.
[/quote]
Out of the pile I have this one doesn’t rise very far - thats just reality

No - I worked just as much then just on different things
My hours haven’t gone up or down significantly in 6 years

No need since I have had tendonitis for > 20 years I know how to deal with it to prevent RSI setting in
But thanks for the concern :stuck_out_tongue:

BUT I will say that this looks like it IS supposed to work
The menu items are there so my bad - this should be “BUG” not feature request
I’ve changed that case accordingly

[quote=100235:@Norman Palardy]BUT I will say that this looks like it IS supposed to work
The menu items are there so my bad - this should be “BUG” not feature request
I’ve changed that case accordingly[/quote]
Awesome. It would be nice if this can someday be fixed.

In the meantime, I just set up some option-# Keyboard Maestro macros to select tabs 1-10; I have to count/guess, which is a minor mental burden, and it only works for 10 tabs, but OTOH it’s random access and it’s better than nothing.

Thanks for bearing my wrath with good humor.

I went kicking and screaming from RS to Xojo, tried it on and off for a year. Finally made the move a few months ago. There are many things I like better and am more productive in, although I do miss the bookmarks (apparently only 1 of about 4 people) and I spend far too much time searching for stuff in Xojo. The Ctrl hotkeys on Windows don’t work properly, waiting on that bug to be fixed. But all in all, I have made the switch and I’m almost as productive. It can be done, and 6 months ago, I wouldn’t have made that bet.

Its friday night
I’m sitting here not wanting anything huge to poke at
This is as good as any

there fixed

The cmd keys are on my to do list I just have a very long one with the beta & iOS work to get done

Thanks, I’ll watch for it in the future. Not that it matters because I am sure you are going to re-examine the whole issue, but before r2b3, on Windows you could minimize the Find/Error pane and the Control hotkeys would work fairly reliably (as soon as the pane was shown, they would start acting up again). But in the new beta that no longer matters, they simply don’t work. I’ll make it my top priority to test when they make it to a beta.

I occasionally see issues like this on OS X as well
It strikes me like a focus stealing issue

You rule! [h]Norman Palardy rules.[/h] It’s the truth, people.