WFS (Windows Functionality Suite) v2.5

All, the ARBP has uploaded the WFS to github for everyone to download and use. If you want to contribute please submit a pull request. I also put a copy up on bitbucket for a secondary copy.

please let me know if you have any questions.
thanks
sb

URL https://github.com/arbp/WFS

I have a question! What’s this? I was there but the readme.md doesn’t say… It just says “It’s the code that aaron ballman wrote”

I lost my copy because of a disk crash last summer… Trued downloading the zip file teh folders with rbo files are empty

• Karen

It is like macoslib but for windows.

I took a look at “Windows Functionality Suite.rbvcp” and looks like:

A Microsoft Windows Library of miscellaneous functions for RB2011R3

:wink:

Shouldn’t the current version be 2.6 or later? I have a copy of 2.6 and in the release notes it indicates it was last updated on December 22nd, 2010.

2.5 (technically 2.5.2) what we have up there was the most current version we have a backup of. we lost anything newer when joomla was hacked. if I can get 2.6+ from you, we can update it to that version. We dont want to lose any functionality.

thanks
sb

[quote=8874:@scott boss]2.5 (technically 2.5.2) what we have up there was the most current version we have a backup of. we lost anything newer when joomla was hacked. if I can get 2.6+ from you, we can update it to that version. We dont want to lose any functionality.

thanks
sb[/quote]
I just emailed it to the address you provided Dana for the XDC Conference Registration List.

Found it. :wink: GitHub - macoslib/macoslib: MacOSLib - a set of classes to use OS X specific functions in Real Studio / Xojo applications

Last version I had was 2.5. Looking forward to 2.6.

Thanks

I got your email. sorry I was offline for a while this am. I am off the internet (for the most part) until late tonight. I will get it updated to 2.6 based on the code you sent me. thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

sb

[quote=8923:@scott boss]I got your email. sorry I was offline for a while this am. I am off the internet (for the most part) until late tonight. I will get it updated to 2.6 based on the code you sent me. thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

sb[/quote]
Happy to help.

Damn. I got here late. I just searched for this three days ago (unrelated reasons, custom windows and such) and found 2.6 sitting from the last time it was available. I would’ve offered it as well.

Now we need a UnixLib Functionality Suite and we’d be covering all bases :smiley:

Both are a collection of declares and miscellaneous functions that help with each specific platform. They are enormously helpful for accessing extra functionality Xojo may not expose directly (usually thanks to the Declare mechanism)

updated on both sites (GitHub and BitBucket) to 2.6

When I read “Windows Func Suite” I was thinking in windows, the objects, not the OS. The readme.md these days (and still at the present time) on GIT hub was not clear for people who didn’t have contact with that suite before. I had to discover by myself looking into the guts of the beast. :slight_smile:

Well… Maybe first we need some standardization of names. Today is “macoslib” and “Windows Functionality Suite”. We must avoid extending those things to other cases like “myLibraryForLinux”, “Android_Extended_Functionality” and “iOS_Toolbox”.

Should be great to define a standardization for naming those public User Libraries of OS specific extensions, and adapt the current ones to that standard.

I suggest this: MacOSLib, WindowsOSLib, LinuxOSLib, iOSLib, AndroidOSLib

[quote=9059:@Ricardo Araujo]Well… Maybe first we need some standardization of names. Today is “macoslib” and “Windows Functionality Suite”. We must avoid extending those things to other cases like “myLibraryForLinux”, “Android_Extended_Functionality” and “iOS_Toolbox”.

Should be great to define a standardization for naming those public User Libraries of OS specific extensions, and adapt the current ones to that standard.
[/quote]

We already have a standard. It’s called “let the people who actually do the work come up with the names”. If you want to name something, do the work.

Noted. One vote for anarchy and lack of standards. Next.

Good things with standards. There are so many to choose :slight_smile: