Wednesday Xojo Hangout

It’s Show&Tell day. Today we have:

• @Christian Schmitz will take questions regarding MBS Xojo Plugins in version 20.2 that were released yesterday.
  • @Julia Truchsess will chat about 3D Printing.

Topic: Wednesday Xojo Hangout
Time: May 13, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89013979064

Meeting ID: 890 1397 9064

8 PM CET

In about 12 minutes.

If you see this, you can already click the link and let zoom wait…

Starting now!

I managed to join & watch briefly, but unfortunatley I had to leave for another meeting :frowning:

Thanks for your time Julia, some really impressive and interesting stuff!

That was an amazing peek into @Julia Truchsess workshop!

Julia’s presentation was amazing! Is Christian going to speak at another time?

You are all too kind, glad you enjoyed it!

Julia you mentioned a good 1st printer for a beginner… what was the brand and model?

Thanks

Well, if you like to see something, maybe provide a topic, so we can prepare something to show within 10 minutes.

The Cetus is I think a good starter machine.

Backed by a large, long-established company with excellent engineering, relatively low entry price, good-sized build volume, integrated slicing software, and an active community on Facebook. Its “minimalist” design lends itself to customization down the road and exposes all the main components so you really see how it works.

Not suitable for ABS unless you add a heated bed and enclosure, but I wouldn’t generally recommend ABS anyway. Its aluminum print bed has some kind of nice magic coating that makes PLA adhere really well. I haven’t tried flexible (rubber-like) materials with it, but I think others have had success.

thank you!

Other items mentioned:

TInkercad browser-based, super-easy-to-learn 3D modeling software

Thingiverse 3D model repository

Raise3D professional-level printers

This also looks like quite a good value. Creality has had good success and wide acceptance over the past few years, but I’ve never used one of their printers:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001939425/creality-cr-6-se-leveling-free-diy-3d-printer-kit

My computer was acting up and unfortunately I missed the middle part of Julia’s share. But I did enjoy all the stuff I did see! (Although now I just want a bunch of expensive things I can’t afford lol)