WebToolbar with many Pics loading slow

I have a WebToolbar with 11 embedded pics and you can watch them appear or fill the icon space observably not at the same time. When running in the debugger this is less noticeable but when compile it is noticeable and even more noticeable when you are out of the office surfing to the web page.

Some conversations talk about using a URL pointing to the image to speed this up however there is no option to have the WebToolbarButton point to a URL. Only an image that is loaded into the Web App.

How can loading of Icons for a WebToolbar be sped up?

I had the same issue loading many small icons. The easy way is to use HTTP/2.0. You will notice huge performance increases.

I suspect if you use Gif or jpg files, which are much more compact, you will see an improvement.

Also, see picture compression I touched upon at https://forum.xojo.com/18658-caching-objects-on-browser/0

@Daniel Wilson - How can I make use of HTTP:2.0 in XOJO?

@Michel Bujardet - I will take a look at pre load - thanks

I converted all pics to jpg and yes there was a bit of improvement. However not enough especially when there is a low bandwidth connection such as a cell phone.

So I then took a stab at pre-loading and after wrapping my head around the syntax for both WebButtons and WebMenus I figured that out. That was a monumental change.

So I then took this to the other pics loaded when a user request a different item. There was an improvement however I was thinking it would be like monumental and it was not.

So I then integrated a console reporting tool I developed into the specific area where pics are loaded for the menu. This sent information real time to the console reporting tool. I found that the Menu pics would be displayed three times.

Once I identified that I went back and took a look at each previous step and I agree that preloading is monumental in either the menu or other pics.

Thanks to all for their suggestions. I am still not clear on the HTTP 2.0 piece except to think that using the XOJO tools that are part of RAD 2018 r1.1 which were updated to HTTP 2.0 at least from what I read that they are intrinsic to the preload mnemonics used.

Consider using a load balancer like https://www.haproxy.org that handles HTTP/2 client connections.

Thanks - wil have a look