WebSlider won't work with LiveStep on

I have a vertical slider and if I leave LiveStep on it basically crashes the app.

The WebSlider works fine if I turn LiveStep off.

Any way to get LiveStep working? In my app the immediate feedback provided by LiveStep is needed.

Can you provide more information?

WebSlider with LiveStep = True is working in a quick test here. Keep in mind that with LiveStep = True, you will get many more calls to the ValueChanged event handler, which could overwhelm your web app if there is high latency and lots of processing in that event handler.

I will post an example when I get a chance. I have a feeling I will just have to avoid using LiveStep.

Is there a way to limit the resolution or the time be updates?

No, there is not.

See what happens if you put a vertical slider (height bigger than width) on top of a WebCanvas. With LiveStep on, it works for a few seconds of moving the slider but starts lagging the movement of the slider and then stops working.

I will work up an example if you can’t replicate the problem.

Another problem with the slider is that it isn’t positioning exactly right on the page. I would much rather use a KeyDown event (looking for up and down arrow keys) on the WebCanvas but that doesn’t seem possible. Any options?

[quote=64928:@Loren Staplin]See what happens if you put a vertical slider (height bigger than width) on top of a WebCanvas. With LiveStep on, it works for a few seconds of moving the slider but starts lagging the movement of the slider and then stops working.

I will work up an example if you can’t replicate the problem.[/quote]
I’m not seeing a problem with a simple test app.

KeyDown on the WebCanvas to do what? Move the Slider? You ought to be able to do that using the KeyPressed event handler.

I have a demo that shows what I am talking about. How can I send it to you?

paul@xojo.com

I sent it.

I think I found a better method. I will just use the MouseDown event to draw the horizontal line on the canvas.

I wanted to have the live update of the horizontal alignment line but since the mouse cursor is live that works too.

Let me know if you see what I am talking about with the demo I sent you (I tested it on a fairly new laptop with i3 processor and it did the same thing as my normal work PC which has an AMD processor). I think there is some sort of interaction between the slider (which is on top of the webcanvas) and the webcanvas. I could probably put the slider off to the side of the webcanvas but I think it makes it harder to do the the alignment task that I am trying to develop. So, I will probably just stick with using the MouseDown method.