WebPopup height

Is there any way to control the height of a Webpopup control ? Have set the height in the IDE to be 28px but the computed height in the browser is 21px. Defeats the purpose to have the ability to set a value if the browser is going to override it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

In most cases with the built in controls you need to apply a style to the controls to get their shapes to change. Otherwise the browser just draws the control using the built-in appearance.

[quote=139881:@Kevin Russell]Is there any way to control the height of a Webpopup control ? Have set the height in the IDE to be 28px but the computed height in the browser is 21px. Defeats the purpose to have the ability to set a value if the browser is going to override it.

Has anyone else experienced this?[/quote]

Which browser/platform ?

Thanks Greg and Michel

The problem appears to be in Safari and Chrome on Mac. Appears fine in Windows Chrome or Mac Firefox.

The browser appears to be imposing its own font style for the _inner element of the Popup.

CSS for the popup element:

[code]
#VFFTwl0k {
?height: 28px;
}

.PopupText {
?font-family: “Source Sans Pro”, sans-serif;
?font-size: 120%;
?color: rgb(36,36,36);
}[/code]

Computed CSS on Chrome Mac for _inner:

font-family: '.HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-Regular';
				PopupText - "Source Sans Pro", sans-serif?
	font-size: 13px;
	height: 21px;
	#VFFTwl0k_inner - 100%

Computed on Chrome Windows for same element:

font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;
.PopupText - "Source Sans Pro", sans-serif
font-size: 16px;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
height: 28px;
#JFJOvNGK_inner - 100%

I have created a simple project which can be downloaded from here

I did noticed the same thing. Everything OK with IE and Chrome on Windows, and smaller height under Mac.

The best I can think of is to compensate depending of User-Agent.

Greg : Could it be some sort of bug in the way the source is generated ? The source in Kevin post above is created by Xojo, right ? Do you think this is worth feedback ?

Thanks Michel.

Have created a Feedback case 36462

This resolves itself if the popup style you use has a super. This may change the background to grey if the super style doesn’t have a background. Just add FFFFFFFF as a background and all is good.