WebMapLocation API

I’m getting a NOE when adding an address to a webmaplocation object. The message is “Status: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT”. So I tried adding my google api key to the location first. Now I’m getting “Status: REQUEST_DENIED” which I’m assuming means I haven’t enabled the correct api for the key supplied. Which API should I enable?

File a bug report about that and we’ll look into it. It may be that Google has changed something on us.

Done <https://xojo.com/issue/40799>

@Greg O’Lone does the api get called if the webmaplocation object is created with the latitude/longitude constructor?

I’ve created my own geocode class to convert the address to location using my api key, but still need to use webmaplocations to place the objects on the map.

[quote=213114:@Wayne Golding]@Greg O’Lone does the api get called if the webmaplocation object is created with the latitude/longitude constructor?

I’ve created my own geocode class to convert the address to location using my api key, but still need to use webmaplocations to place the objects on the map.[/quote]
The only time Google is contacted is if you create a WebMapLocation directly with an address:

Dim loc as New WebMapLocation("123 Main Street, Jacksonville, FL 12345")

or if you decide to change the address:

loc.Address = "234 Main Street, Austin, TX 12345"

When you were using our WebMapLocations, did you try creating one this way?

Dim loc as New WebMapLocation loc.APIKey = "YourGoogleAPIKey" loc.Address = "234 Main Street, Austin, TX 12345"

[quote=213170:@Greg O’Lone]When you were using our WebMapLocations, did you try creating one this way?

Dim loc as New WebMapLocation
loc.APIKey = “YourGoogleAPIKey”
loc.Address = “234 Main Street, Austin, TX 12345”[/quote]

That’s exactly how I was doing it and getting request denied. At least in the short term I can roll my own geocoding module & pass the location details to the webmaplocation object to display on the site.

Thanks for your assistance Greg.

Hello,
What is the type of APIKEY we need for use in WebMapLocation.APIKEY ?
Thanks

It’s a string.

Hello Greg.
My question was what options I have to take for the generation of the key?

Thanks

It’s a Google Maps Embed API key.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key