webListBox with big number of columns and orizontal scrollbar

hi, if i have 50 columns, and i assign to columnwiths=*
i think that all columns will show but all very tight or i think that weblistbox must shows an orizontal scrollbar (like vertical scrollbar where the rows ares too much)
but not
weblistbox show max 10/15 columns and not shows orizontal scrollbar…
can anyone help me please ??

I think to solve this problem I had to provide actual widths in px and not a percentage of the weblistbox.width

weblistbox.columnwidths="52px,52px,52px,52px,52px,52px,52px,52px"

thank you rob, i have try but the problem is the same.
if i have 100 columns and the width of webpage is 480px if i assign 10px to every columns the result is that
weblistbox will show only first 48 left columns.
the other 52 right columns ares hidden and there are not orizontal scrooll bar to move on the right part of weblistbox columns.
i think that in this case must compare the orizontal scrool bar to view all columns …

If you have a listbox that is only 1000 px wide and you add 3 columns and assign the 3 columns to be 500px each. Once you exceed the 1000px container scrollbars will appear.

You can test this out drop a simple generic weblistbox on the page and set the columncount to 100 in the shown event for the weblistbox apply this code

[code]
dim x as integer
dim s as string

s=“480px”
for x = 0 to listbox1.ColumnCount-2
s=s+", 480px"
next

listbox1.columnwidths=s[/code]

And run

Or you can set them with percentages where the total > 100% i.e. 50 times “10%, 10%,…”

Oh yeah that works too thanks David. I guess the key thing to remember is don’t use *

i’m using realstudio at now
if yours test works fine , i think that my problem can be resolved by using xojo
thank to all

Here’s the sample project of what I wrote.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11624463/xojo_help/weblistbox_horzontalbar.xojo_binary_project

[quote=53876:@Jury Buono]i have 50 columns, and i assign to columnwiths=*
i think that all columns will show but all very tight or i think that weblistbox must shows an orizontal scrollbar[/quote]

came across the same behavior some time ago. Please see my ticket <https://xojo.com/issue/29345> with additional information