webListbox, is possible know the cell above which is my mouse pointer ?

hi i would like know where are my mouse pointer when i move my mouse inside the perimeter of a weblistbox, but without click on webListbox.
i haven’t find nothing.
tnx to all

You can use the MouseMove event, but you’ll have to calculate the underlying cell from the X, Y coordinates. And understand that there will be a delay or lag from when the mouse moved until your program gets the data, as that information has to travel from the user’s browser to your app on the server.

ok this is possible if you have a weblistbox with all rows showed on screen …but :
if you have 1000 rows and the weblistbox is showings the end 30 rows you can’t calculate with x and y
if i want calculate i must know what is the first top row that the weblistbox is showings (and this is not possible because there is not a property that exposes this).
then in must know each with and height of cols and rows and this is possible.
but without top row (i remeber that in vb6 this was the system to know wath is the first row showed) i can’t calculate the row/cel
where are mouse…

[quote=64165:@Jury Buono]
but without top row (i remember that in vb6 this was the system to know wath is the first row showed) i can’t calculate the row/cel
where are mouse…[/quote]

VB made web apps ?
Web edition is not the same as VB nor Xojo creating a desktop project so capabilities are different

What is it you’re trying to do by knowing which cell the mouse is over ?

Norman be quite please… , i have bought Xojo because with vb i can’t make web apps… !!!
and i have reply to JAY that calculate the cell is not possible without a lot of parameters. (top row for example)
then you can take this observation to improve the actual WebListBox functions/methos/propertyes. … :smiley: or not.

now :
my webListBox show a lot of records (like 100/200),
i must know wath is the cell where my mouse point because i must retrive from db only content of this cell, refresh only this and not all weblistbox content.
with this system i save network traffic, time, and i avoid the problem that latecncy causes webListBox freeze.

hi Norman have you find any kind of system to know what on what cell is my mouse row ??

[quote=64234:@Jury Buono]

my webListBox show a lot of records (like 100/200),
i must know wath is the cell where my mouse point because i must retrive from db only content of this cell, refresh only this and not all weblistbox content.
with this system i save network traffic, time, and i avoid the problem that latecncy causes webListBox freeze.[/quote]

Tell us why you can’t let the user click on a row/cell? Why must it be only while hovering the mouse? If we know what you’re trying to accomplish, we may be able to offer a solution.

if user must click on 20/30 cells, user lose much time … (think click on cell1, then click on cel 2… to cell 20 then reclick on cell1 to check changes)
if i update the content of cells where mouse overrides i create an friendly effect… and users no lose time

think to an organizer, where cells contains places for surgery
like this
01/01/2014 at 8.00 am surgeryN1, 10 places
01/01/2014 at 8.30 am surgeryN1, 5 places
01/01/2014 at 9.00 am surgeryN1, 20 places

01/01/2014 at 8.00 am surgeryN2, 20 places
01/01/2014 at 8.30 am surgeryN2, 3 places
01/01/2014 at 9.00 am surgeryN2, 10 places

if you must click on each cell to see if you can assign a lot of places to patient you became crazy…

So it looks like you are creating a scheduling calendar. I don’t know if you will ever be able to accomplish this in a listbox. You should try using labels and textfields within individual webcontainers (as cells) in a scrolling canvas or webcontainer. I think someone (Karen?) has already done this.

Ok, too much complex for me, but thank you very much