weblistbox doubleclick in scrollbar. bug??

hi,

i have a weblistbox with a vertical scrollbar.
if the user doubleclicks in the scrollbar, the doubleclick event fires which is REALLY annoying!

any ideas how to stop it happening?
i cant see anything to tell me the scrollbar width, to filter it by X coordinate
i suspect it shouldnt fire the event if its in the scrollbar though.

any ideas?

[quote=104998:@Russ Lunn]hi,

i have a weblistbox with a vertical scrollbar.
if the user doubleclicks in the scrollbar, the doubleclick event fires which is REALLY annoying!

any ideas how to stop it happening?
i cant see anything to tell me the scrollbar width, to filter it by X coordinate
i suspect it shouldnt fire the event if its in the scrollbar though.

any ideas?[/quote]

I ran a small project and simply grabbed the screen. On my Mac the scrollbar is 16 pixels wide. On PC use alt-PrtSc and measure on the picture :slight_smile:

thanks michel,

but i’m looking for something in code, because i cant guarantee (i dont think) that the scrollbar will be that width on every browser.

[quote=105050:@Russ Lunn]thanks michel,

but i’m looking for something in code, because i cant guarantee (i dont think) that the scrollbar will be that width on every browser.[/quote]
Good luck.
… But … How many browsers are there to do a quick test ?

[quote=104998:@Russ Lunn]any ideas?
[/quote]

Keep track of Microseconds() timestamp of the last CellClick. If the double-click happens too long after the last CellClick, ignore it. Should work great in the debugger, not sure how effective it will be with a live deployment due to latency and events potentially arriving to server out of order.

Ross, I have got it and it is sooo simple : click in the scrollbar does not trigger CellClick :wink:

Also, if you haven’t already, file a bug report.