Weblabel doesnt like long strings

If you try to load a long string into a multiline weblabel, you will get a Java crash with the black dialog of death. Does anybody know a workaround for this problem?

I load large strings regularly. How long?

About 400 characters or anything wider than the width of the label

I assume that you mean the JavaScript error dialog. That is not Java. Java and JavaScript have nothing to do with one another - they just unfortunately have similar names.

In order for us to help you, we need to know what the actual error message is. You can always just copy/paste the text of the error dialog.

[quote=122469:@Jay Madren]In order for us to help you, we need to know what the actual error message is. You can always just copy/paste the text of the error dialog.

[/quote]
ould not execute returned javascript: Unexpected EOF
Source: alert(“Shipping,Sea freight,6,Std airmail,12,registered Airmail,18,EMS,35”);

Xojo.controls[‘VX9633Vd’].setVisible(true);
Xojo.controls[‘VX9633Vd’].refresh();

Xojo.controls[‘VX9633Vd’].appendRow(“Sea freight”);

[quote=122469:@Jay Madren]I assume that you mean the JavaScript error dialog. That is not Java. Java and JavaScript have nothing to do with one another - they just unfortunately have similar names.

In order for us to help you, we need to know what the actual error message is. You can always just copy/paste the text of the error dialog.[/quote]

I was able to get the Javascript error with a 15 K text loaded in a weblabel (Princess Of Mars).

Trouble evaluating response: Unexpected token Source: {"jsSource":"Xojo.controls['NZmcxUQn'].setValue(\"\\u0001\\u0000

But it is not as simple. If I concatenate text in a string and then load it into Label1.Text in one piece, no error although the string is 50 K in length. Looks like something in the content of the loaded text. I checked and there are control characters present in the text that generates the error.

I just removed anything that is not EndOfLine from the erroring string, and the error is gone. Control characters where the culprits, not the length of the string.

dim princesse as string = PrincessofMars //text file dragged into the project for i as integer = 0 to 31 if i<>10 and i<>13 then princesse = replaceallb(princesse,chr(i),"") end if next Label1.Text = Princesse