WebKit or Native HTMLViewer?

Hi,
I am using a HTMLViewer in my OS X desktop app for the very first time.

Is it better to use Webkit or Native?
I have looked in the Language Reference, but it does not mention the difference?

Could someone explain which is better to use on OS X, and why?
I am presuming Webkit is native to OS X as it is used in Safari, hence in this case it is irrelevant, but I am unsure and would appreciate clarification.

One other question - Is it possible to determine the new URL, if the user clicks on a link from the originally displayed page in the HTMLViewer?

Thank you all in advance.

On Mac they are the ame.

And check the CancelURL event.

This is more relevant on Windows and Linux as using WebKit adds all the necessary files to for Webkit. Otherwise it will use the native browser libraries. On Windows that’s Internet Explorer. Not sure what it is in Linux.

Thank you both - much appreciated.

Christian,
regarding your recommendation - there is no CancelURL event in the Language Reference?

Did you mean CancelLoad? If so, even that gives me no information?

All I need to do is display the new URL, if a user clicks on a link in the displayed page, and is taken to a new URL.

Thanks.

[quote=193134:@Richard Summers]Christian,
regarding your recommendation - there is no CancelURL event in the Language Reference?

Did you mean CancelLoad? If so, even that gives me no information?[/quote]

Yes, Christian meant CancelLoad but otherwise he is correct. CancelLoad is the first event that fires after the HTMLViewer starts to load a new URL. Check the docs, you get the URL as a string. Similarly, you can get it from other events such as DocumentComplete, but CancelLoad fires first.

Thanks.

Yes, CancelLoad.

Or you check the delegate classes in MBS Plugin to get much more control about Webviewer events:
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/pluginpart-htmlviewerdelegate.shtml

also note that CancelLoad doesn’t fire on Windows with the webkit option. It’s broken.