Webkit.networkin.xpc doing a lot of calls

Hi, just started to watch my web apps, and noticed that they do a lot of calls.

The simplest “hello world” web app also do this, so it has something of a nature of xojo…

Using an app called “Radio Silence” and start to monitor the network, in the windows Connections is se that
com.apple.WebKit.Networking.xpc makes a new connection at least each 10 seconds…

Isn’t this a lot of call to an app that does noting but displaying “hello world”… or is this normal… (as almost it is ping’ing the server…
Same result on mac as server or the windows as server… Running as stand alone (because of speed).

Full name of framework:
/System/Library/StagedFramework/Safari/Webkit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.webKit.Networking.xpc

Going to a more static web-page, I don’t get these connection counts for each 10 secs.
going to a newspaper web page, it counts a lot in the first 5 seconds, then nothing more…
My web-apps done in xojo, counts new connections all the time…

Will firewalls kick me out in the end here ?

Most modern browsers now use a protocol called Server Events to allow servers to send data to a browser at any time. When an app is “idle” these requests happen every 10-15 seconds. When there’s a lot of data being moved, the browser makes the connections more quickly. The frequency also depends on the power needs of the client. If you’re using a mobile device, the fastest reconnects may be throttled to save battery.

OK, that explains it :slight_smile: Thanks!!!