WebDialog Controls loosing position on live

Greetings,

Does anybody else has same issues like me or it`s just project corruption again.

It seems that on Design time all the controls are on their place and when i run the app no matter what browser they go wild.

Samples below.

Design Interface

Live Interface

Thanks.

Make sure the locking on each of the controls is correct.

Hi Greg,

All the controls are locked as left+top except the bottom buttons which are locked as bottom + left and bottom+right for the Login button . so i should lock them all the ways ?

Thanks

[quote=339742:@Aurelian Negrea]Hi Greg,

All the controls are locked as left+top except the bottom buttons which are locked as bottom + left and bottom+right for the Login button . so i should lock them all the ways ?

Thanks[/quote]
Well no way for that, i just locked the 3 bottom buttons all the 4 sides and now they are out of the box so it seems that the sizes are not assigned properly or something happens that they get messed up.

I have no custom code and all the controls are dropped from the IDE.

Any other ideas ?

[quote=339742:@Aurelian Negrea]Hi Greg,

Thanks[/quote]
No. Just checking.

Copy that dialog from your project, put it in a sample project and file a bug report. I’ll take a look.

ok, thanks , i`ll do that

[quote=339744:@Greg O’Lone]No. Just checking.

Copy that dialog from your project, put it in a sample project and file a bug report. I’ll take a look.[/quote]
Well that is funny, i just copied all those from the project and put them in a new project and there all working properly . so any other options that i can have ? eventually i will strip the whole project and send it like that if still crashes, or copy the popup to a new project then copy back to the original project so it will fix the issue. Honestly i have no idea how that can break that but it seems that this way gets fixed.

Sounds like you had a subtle corruption in that dialog, but without seeing it in action I can’t tell for sure.

Glad it’s working now.

Done, filed a bug report as maybe it will help in the future , bug #48676

As a note i did the test with the latest alpha so i guess that should be set as private due to the policy , the project is done in the latest stable release but i wanted to test in the latest version maybe it was ide related.

Please change the status if required.
Thanks Greg.

Ugh. I’ve run into things like this. Drives you crazy and takes so much time to find out it’s a bug.

Aurelian, if you still have the broken project, could you try doing a Save As of the project and see if that fixes it like copy/pasting does?

Well i ended up redoing the whole project again as the copy paste it was ok on a new project but on the existing project was messing it more and more so i did not reached yet to the point where i have to do the web dialogs but i hope that they will be ok and no more issues.

I`ll try to dig to see how the issue is happening and maybe find a way to fix it or avoid having this in the future.

Thanks again

Well after another project again it seems that something is messing the controls positions so i ended up by designing the interfaces, getting the positions for each control and putting the positions on the shown event of the interface, in this way it will always show what it suppose to show.

That is weird as it was not suppose to happen this way.

Anyway i`ll keep you updated if i find anything new.

So it seems that it`s even more weird , after putting the positions and details of each control in the shown event the web dialog appears shorter on the right side so even on the calculations suppose to be right and centred it is not.

After putting this :

[code]Self.Height = 182
Self.Width = 445

tfUSername.Left = 20
tfUSername.Top = 28
tfUSername.Width = 405
tfUSername.Height = 24

tfPassword.Left = 20
tfPassword.Top = 64
tfPassword.Width = 405
tfPassword.Height = 24

cbRemeberMe.Left = 20
cbRemeberMe.Top = 100
cbRemeberMe.Width = 130
cbRemeberMe.Height = 22

btnCancel.Left = 20
btnCancel.Top = 134
btnCancel.Width = 130
btnCancel.Height = 28

btnLogin.Left = 295
btnLogin.Top = 134
btnLogin.Width = 130
btnLogin.Height = 28

If cbRemeberMe.Value Then
tfPassword.SetFocus
Else
tfUSername.SetFocus
End If[/code]

I suppose to get this but instead i got this .

So it seems that some how it is cutting from the right side with half.

Any idea why ?

If you set the width, you also need to set the Left property.

On what ? on the web dialog or on the controls ? if you look on the code all the controls have all the properties set, still same issue.

The dialog. You’re setting width and height, but not the left. It should probably be set to (page width - dialog width) / 2

Just did that, same issue , no changes at all. Any other ideas ?

I’d have to see the project.