Webapp work offline

Hi, please Can you me help to choos the right xojo version?
I want make webapps for IPad and android tablets thats work offline with a sqlite database.
Only offline.
I d’ont want make webapps for applestore or the Google play, I only want make this for private clients.
If your reponse Is yes, can I make an exe. for the webapp and put It in dropbox to make posibel to dowload for my clients?
Sory If my English Is not to expresiv, I’am not a Inglish speeker.
Thanks very much for all your help In this question, Juan

[quote=88472:@Juan Duran]Hi, please Can you me help to choos the right xojo version?
I want make webapps for IPad and android tablets thats work offline with a sqlite database.
Only offline.
I d’ont want make webapps for applestore or the Google play, I only want make this for private clients.
If your reponse Is yes, can I make an exe. for the webapp and put It in dropbox to make posibel to dowload for my clients?
[/quote]

You cannot make an exe for an iPad because there is no way to install an exe or any other Xojo program at this time on an iPad. At one point Xojo should release a version that creates iOS apps, but it is not available.

On a local area network, you can access a site installed on one of the computers, so it is probably feasible to run a web app set to be accessed locally, exactly like right now a web app is executed in the IDE at http://127.0.0.1:8080. One could imagine accessing the same program through http://192.168.1.x:8080 on a local computer through the WiFi network from an iPad.

Here is a link that can shed more information about how to set a site on a local computer :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9682262/how-do-i-connect-to-this-localhost-from-another-computer-on-the-same-network

Then what is needed is to install the web app on one of the local computer which will become the server.

I am not sure installing a web app on a local computer is simple enough to simply leave a program on a dropbox account for users to download. Chances are it is rather complicated to go around the numerous antivirus software, firewall and other obstacles. This is intriguing enough and I may run some experiments to see how this can work, but I doubt it can be done easily.

Your best route would probably be instead to install the web app on a server for access through the Internet, with a login if it is to remain confidential.

See Xojo Cloud for the easiest deployment, or have a look at this link for more options :
https://forum.xojo.com/11737-web-app-hosts

Hi Michel, thanks for your reply.
Sory for my bad information(exe) file in a webapp, you have right this not exist.
I want my clients can execute the web app in IPad In the same way als an native app and run It from a home screen icon.
Sory I have problems to explain me in English.
Thanks, Juan

They can create a shortcut on their desktop that they can tap to launch your web app. But it is still a web app residing on a server somewhere, either on the web or on a local LAN machine.

Thanks Tim for your reponse.
I have many to lern…
Have all a nice day.

[quote=88492:@Juan Duran]I want my clients can execute the web app in IPad In the same way als an native app and run It from a home screen icon.
[/quote]

You have to wait for Xojo to introduce the iOS platform. Then you will be able to create apps for the iPad.

Hi Michel, thanks very much for your interest.
I d’ont want create apps for IPad with apple appstore, I have clients that not want your app In the appstore.
And last I’am not in accord with apple polici restriction and submision.
In this way I want create database webapps that work offline and with a database like SQLite.
Sory I’am not an expert in programin in Internet and this Is the reason for my question.
Thanks Michel and have a nice day.

[quote=88591:@Juan Duran]Hi Michel, thanks very much for your interest.
I d’ont want create apps for IPad with apple appstore, I have clients that not want your app In the appstore.
And last I’am not in accord with apple polici restriction and submision.
In this way I want create database webapps that work offline and with a database like SQLite.
Sory I’am not an expert in programin in Internet and this Is the reason for my question.
Thanks Michel and have a nice day.[/quote]

You do not understand : it is not possible to install an app on an iPad without a contract with Apple. And at this time it is not possible to create programs with Xojo that can be installed on an iPad. So your idea of creating an offline program for iPad with Xojo is IMPOSSIBLE.

I suggest you FORGET IPAD for offline projects.

The ONLY solution you have if you do not want to go through the Apple contract, is to create a web app accessed ONLINE, whether locally (local WiFi network), or through a website.

If you absolutely need to create a tablet application for your clients, tell them to buy an x86 based tablet such as the Microsoft Surface Pro and install a Windows Xojo application. It will work great. There are other x86 based tablets, you just need to shop around.

Wow someone hates iPad…

Juan, you can make AdHoc iPad apps, you can distribute them without the app store (which is especially useful for corporate clients) but you are still required to be a part of the iOS Developer Program to sign your app.

There is unfortunately no way to have an offline web app on iOS, you would have to either set up a local web server (to not be on the internet) or make a native iOS app.

[quote=88799:@Tim Parnell]Wow someone hates iPad…

[/quote]

Whether or not I hate iPad (which I don’t and await eagerly Xojo iOS to develop for it) has nothing to do with what I wrote.

The OP insists he does not want to go through Apple, hence neither Apple Store nor ad Hoc, and does not seem to understand that web apps cannot be installed on an iPad. Apparently, he has a customer who wants to use an iPad but does not want to access data through a server. With the best stretch of imagination, how do you use a web app without a server out of the Mac, Windows or Linux IDE ? In other words, this poor guy wants something that is impossible on an iPad, when an x86 tablet would take a Windows executable. This looks to me like a much better solution.

If not Apple contract of any kind then Online : Server and Safari elseif not online forget using an iPad altogether maybe use a Windows compatible tablet end if

Hi Tim and thanks for your reponse.
Michel think I d’ont understand, yes I understand, the problem Is I d’ont can write and explain me in English.
AddHoc is good idea, the problem Is I d’ont want this system from apple, I want tobe free for distribute my apps to my clients and friends.
I have see in other web sites that exist the posibility to make webapps that works offline, If my client not have an Internet conection the webapp works with a SQLite database and can work offline.
I d’ont are expert in Internet and I want your help for look If xojo have this posibility for work offline If my client not have a internet conection.
Thanks very mach for any constructive help and not for Comments that do not help me to choose, and have no mind that not everyone can be expressed well in English
Thanks,

[quote=88920:@Juan Duran]
Michel think I d’ont understand, yes I understand, the problem Is I d’ont can write and explain me in English.
AddHoc is good idea, the problem Is I d’ont want this system from apple, I want tobe free for distribute my apps to my clients and friends.
I have see in other web sites that exist the posibility to make webapps that works offline, If my client not have an Internet conection the webapp works with a SQLite database and can work offline.
I d’ont are expert in Internet and I want your help for look If xojo have this posibility for work offline If my client not have a internet conection.[/quote]

Juan, I am trying my best to answer your question and give you a solution. I suggested the local server, you do not want that apparently. The iPad communicates only through WiFi or Internet. I am sorry you do not like the options I described. It is not my fault if you want something that does not exist !

It is impossible to install anything on an iPad without a contract with Apple. Even with a contract with Apple, Xojo cannot make programs for iPad.

I do not know which web sites you are referring to. Please post the URL if you think we missed an option for you. On a computer, an HTMLweb site can be used off line. PHP and SQLLite can be used as well offline, but it requires much more work because you have to install PHP (PC). On an iPad, as far as I know it is not possible.

Xojo works with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux only.

What you want to do is possible at this time only with a tablet that supports Windows x86. Or Linux, such as the one from Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/tablet

If you have issues with English and feel we may not understand you well enough or make enough efforts, why not post your request in the Español channel ?

Hi Michel,
This Is my last message to you, I d’ont say you make not enough efforts, I d’ont have say this.
I only want information IF It Is posibel to make webapps thats work offline with sqlite.
I have see that this is not posibel with xojo webapps If you say me.
I thank you for your reponse and I wish you a nice day.

In case anybody wants to set up a web app locally without installing on an Internet server, which partially answers the OP request, here are two solutions discussed, for Mac and Windows :

Such sites can be accessed through the local WiFi with an iPad (or anything else).