Web Container Shown Event only fires once

Came across an issue where the web Container Shown Event only fires once, quick example included.

I’ve placed a Web Container on a Web Dialog along with a button, when you do dialog.show the button shown event fires followed by the container shown event.

Click the button on the dialog to hide the dialog.

Then click the button on the webpage to show the dialog again

The button shown event fires, but the web container one doesn’t.

Example

Is it just the web container? I thought web dialogs had issues where events were only firing once (resized being one of them.) Check feedback.

The dialog shown event seems to fire correctly each time you do dialog.show it’s just the web container that doesn’t.

My workaround to this issue has been to create the WebDialog at runtime each time I need it.

When I tried to create the WebContainer in the shown event of the WebDialog and embed the WebContainer on the Dialog the position isn’t correct.

In the WebDialog Shown event I do this.

[code] Dim x As New ContainerControl1

x.EmbedWithin(self, 0, 0, x.Width, x.Height)[/code]

I would expect it to be 0, 0 of on the WebDialog not the whole page.

Known bug in all modal dialogs.

Non modal Palette does not have that issue.

[quote=294414:@Michel Bujardet]Known bug in all modal dialogs.

Non modal Palette does not have that issue.[/quote]

That would explain it

Would like to find a solution to the container shown event not happening more than once but not managed to find one yet.

[quote=294423:@Graham Spratt]That would explain it

Would like to find a solution to the container shown event not happening more than once but not managed to find one yet.[/quote]

Use Paint in a WebCanvas placed on top of the WebContainer. It is the closest to Shown.

Thanks, think I’ll stick with creating the Dialog each time I need it, maybe the shown event issue and container issue with dialogs will be resolved in the future. Is there bug reports for both?