Web button styles

I have a web app that I’m trying to change the custom style for. My actual css is more complicated than the style editor will allow but for this example I’ll simplify it to not have the gradient, etc. I created a blank style and in the page source of my page I call code like this:

Source = " " +_
".test {font: 4px Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-weight: normal;color: #111;background: #b6a897;} " +_
".test2 {font: 4px Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-weight: normal;color: #111;} " +_
" "

For some reason, on the Mac (no matter what browser), web buttons with the test style have huge text whereas the test2 ones are fine. Why is the background color increasing the font size and only on mac?

TIA

I guess you are affecting your CSS to buttons using empty webstyles names Test and Test2.

If you set the font size in the WebStyle it is maintained just fine.

Maybe Greg has done some additional magic here.

This is browser behavior. On OS X, you have to change the style just enough for it take on all of your attributes. Usually changing the background color to a gradient is enough.

Ok, thanks. My actual css has the gradient coding and a lot of attrributes (font weight, etc.) to match our true html website. Funny that the css works on our real page but not the xojo portion but I guess I’ll just take it as it is. Thanks for your help.