Web app keeping tablet screen from sleeping

Dear all,

Is it possible to let a web app request that a mobile device client screen doesnt go to sleep?

Thanks!

Probably not. Web apps are websites, and have very limited access to the actual system.
That’s not to say that Google hasn’t concocted it’s own internal systems for this for things like Chromebook, but you’ll have to do some research to find out if anybody has special tags that allow for this.

As far as standard website functions, and Xojo Web Apps, the answer is no.

You can also instruct the user to modify his sleep settings.

When you watch a Flash video, it keeps the screen active; what’s their trick?

Flash is a third party piece of software that must be installed and is not part of your basic web browser.
Ever notice that it needs admin privileges?

[quote=273691:@Tim Parnell]Flash is a third party piece of software that must be installed and is not part of your basic web browser.
Ever notice that it needs admin privileges?[/quote]
Thats just so it can wipe your machine out with the next zero day exploit found in it :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, well that makes sense.

But look at all the cool stuff Flash can do ! :stuck_out_tongue:

then if a page has an embedded small invisible flash movie object that is in a loop, so potentially that could work to keep the screen from sleeping?

At the condition that Flash be enabled. Also, unless I am mistaken, iOS does not have Flash.

Besides, I am not sure people will appreciate their precious battery time being drained by a web app.

[quote=273807:@Michel Bujardet]At the condition that Flash be enabled. Also, unless I am mistaken, iOS does not have Flash.

Besides, I am not sure people will appreciate their precious battery time being drained by a web app.[/quote]

sure, but the point is if a user needs the web app to stay open, e.g. watching a realtime chart, without the global display timeout setting being too long.

Good luck :wink: