Want to purchase xojo license

I want to purchase XOJO for web development.

First, I want to run any sample web app on my server. Can you give any sample of XOJO project cgi-bin or any other format that can be deploy on my server?
I am using BlueHost.com ““VPS””" Server.

Hosting Package Bluehost_India
Server Name server
cPanel Version 78.0 (build 46)
Apache Version 2.4.41
PHP Version 5.6.40
MySQL Version 5.7.29
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
Shared IP Address xxx.xxx.xx.xx
Path to Sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version 5.16.3
Kernel Version 3.10.0-862.9.1.el7.x86_64

Please help.
I want to buy XOJO quickly.

you can read and download a sample app here
https://documentation.xojo.com/topics/application_deployment/web/deployment_overview.html

You should email hello@xojo.com

I have sent an email.
Thanks.

Here you can find a section called “Test Apps for Deployment”, you can find 32-bit and 64-bit CGI samples.
https://documentation.xojo.com/topics/application_deployment/web/deployment_overview.html
(this is the same link as Nicols posted)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That could be a permissions problem. After uploading you need to chmod executable several files or maybe all.

I haven’t worked with CGI for a long time. Is not clear to me if one of the files need to be writable too.

[quote=486693:@Alberto DePoo]That could be a permissions problem. After uploading you need to chmod executable several files or maybe all.

I haven’t worked with CGI for a long time. Is not clear to me if one of the files need to be writable too.[/quote]

I tried this but same issue occuring.

Don’t use CGI. it’s not supported in newer versions. https://forum.xojo.com/54456-new-web-framework/p1#p441842

I’ve got several Xojo Web apps running on a home-built server. Permissions on all the Xojo-built files need to be 775. Except config.cfg needs to be 666. Also, the files may need to be in a subfolder named CGI - depends on how the server is configured.

Sorry but I’m not familiar with BlueHost so I don’t know how to upload files or set the permissions. (I use Webmin to manage my server.)

He says it’s a VPS, so he can access the console directly and type chmods.

Should also run the ldd command and make sure all dependencies are met

LDD

The current Web framework is outdated and Xojo said 2019 is the last Xojo version to have it. As Rick says, the new web framework will not have CGI

When I saw the subject line, I thought someone wanted to buy the company :smiley:

I am thinking for setup my own server at office.

Is there anyone who is using own server?

I run an old mac Mini home server on port 80 for very limited uses (eg sharing wedding videos for people too large to place on a web server). I also have a few Xojo standalone apps. I configure the router to forward their port #s.

I have had no issues from my ISP, but this is where you may get problems.

As I mentioned above, I run my own server. You need to know about server hardware and software, server administration including security and backups, and networking. Or be willing to spend some time to learn these.

I serve a Xojo web app from a Raspberry Pi, using DynDNS service to provide a quasi-static IP address and port forwarding in my router. Not too difficult.