Verifying Paddle Webhooks

Hi all,
Can anybody help me to create a method to verify a paddle webhook.

This is the quoted process on Paddles website.

I’m not sure I would agree with the statement ‘the process is simple’ :slight_smile:

I would be so grateful for an actual example or even pseudo code.

Thankyou

This won’t help you much but I could never get the verification to work and I know of another Xojo dev who had the same experience. Everything else was easy, it was just the verification that caused me trouble. I gave up in the end as I was spending too long on it and I decided the realistic level of risk was very low.

Cheers Gavin
Ok things should be pretty tight with ssl anyway, Paddle mentions a passthrough parameter, however it doesn’t really explain very well what this is. I wonder if it’s a value I can specify and use as a sort of authentication at my web service??

[quote=411580:@James Moore]Cheers Gavin
Ok things should be pretty tight with ssl anyway, Paddle mentions a passthrough parameter, however it doesn’t really explain very well what this is. I wonder if it’s a value I can specify and use as a sort of authentication at my web service??[/quote]
I believe you could use it as an extra check. It’s intended to capture additional user data but you can put anything in there and then check it on your web service. Here’s a wee bit more info, under the heading “Sending additional user data”: https://paddle.com/docs/paddle-checkout-web/