Valentina 6: Server, Studio & Xojo ADK Released

This is a huge release for Paradigma Software and Ill spare you the press releases (server, studio), but cover what Xojo developers most likely care about.

Valentina Studio 6 is a major update to our visual database and reporting tool for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. If you bought Omegabundle for Xojo 2014, you should be eligible for a free update to your copy of Valentina Studio Pro. The base Valentina Studio 6 is free, and includes support for MS SQL Server and our SQLite Server.

Valentina Server 6 now includes a SQLite Database Server too. The evaluation version supports 10 connections for SQLite. It also supports REST and includes several other awesome features. Same note as above on Omegabundle for Xojo 2014.

Valentina Developer Network (which lets you deploy copies of Valentina Server with your apps, royalty free) has had its price and configuration model updated and revised. The cost is dependent on levels based on the number of simultaneous connections. The base version, which has the same price as VDN during the Valentina 5 era, lets you deploy the 5 Connections for Valentina Reports & Valentina DB & REST, and 10 Connections from SQLite Server. The add-on connection system is gone at your request.

Valentina ADKs for Xojo are also updated with all of the new features, such as connecting to the SQLite Server part of Valentina Server, using notifications from Valentina Server.

If you bought Omegabundle for Xojo 2014, you should be eligible for a free update to your copy of Valentina Studio Pro.

Your serials and license file will be accepted by v6.0.

Each OmegaBundle 2014 user already owns
a) copy of Valentina Studio 6.0
b) copy of Valentina Server UNLIMITED, including new SQLite Server.
c) V4RB with support of SQLite Server.

Download, install, use.
Any comments are welcome on our Valentina forum.

I notice in the new features it includes asynchronous notification. I think this is a very welcome addition.

:slight_smile:

There’s just so much that’s new I didn’t want to overload folks. Notifications are really a cool addition.

We also changed our licensing scheme on Valentina Developer Network significantly.
It is less work to distribute copies of VDN’s license of Valentina Server with your applications.

The base version ($599 new) supports 5 simultaneous, unnamed connections using REST, Reports and Valentina DB, it actually supports 10 connections with the new SQLite Server.

You don’t have to add connections piecemeal to boost up to higher levels. For example, there’s an option for 250 / Unlimited that lets you deploy unlimited deployments of 250 simultaneous, unnamed connections using REST, Reports and Valentina DB and UNLIMITED connections of SQLite Server.

I have created a thread over in our forum for any specific licensing questions you might have on VDN.