Using XOJO with CodeBase Database Engine

Dear Friends
I am New to XOJO, coming from a VB6 background, I hate VB .Net so XOJO seems to be the
Logical Upgrade from VB6.
I need you help… Did anyone use the CODEBASE…Database Engine with XOJO … Please ?

Welcome to Xojo! I haven’t done any Codebase work, but it looks as if it has ODBC support. You can use the Xojo ODBC driver to access Codebase data if that’s what you are after. Good luck and ask for help here if you hit a tough problem.

Thank you very much.

CODEBASE have a VB6 Module I add to my project, It is a large number of Declare statements plus some simple
Functions defined.
Then In my code I call these functions, NO ODBC work is needed.

Would that Module as it work for XOJO, also How to do Add a Module to a XOJO project ?

Thanks again…I think it is clear I am a Green Horn …Regards

Sorry I forgot to mention, that I need to include in the application folder a small DLL file
Which is called … Thanks again

We’re all new with any tool at some time.

I’m not very experienced in calling DLLs from Xojo. I work with Xojo on Linux for the most part. Perhaps another person will chime in. You may want to start by looking through the http://blog.xojo.com for an article on calling .NET components from Xojo. I think that may have some information on calling DLLs from Xojo.

Best of luck, and when you get Codebase working, post back your findings to this forum. It helps the entire Xojo community.

Thanks for your Kind words, I will keep trying and will check the Blog.
When the Problem is Solved … I will post my findings…It is nice to have
Unique Personalities like yourself…May GOD Bless you

That technique should be reasonably similar for Xojo

That module might not work immediately BUT there is a similar means in Xojo
You probably can’t add that module directly since there will be syntactic differences between VB and Xojo
IF you don’t feel up to converting the VB6 module yourself there may be others who can do that

Dear Norman, Thanks for your answer, about the conversion, do you know someone welling to do
It from VB6 to XOJO to help me, and Please what would that cost…Thanks

[quote=90124:@A B AL Mahmood]Dear Norman, Thanks for your answer, about the conversion, do you know someone welling to do
It from VB6 to XOJO to help me, and Please what would that cost…Thanks[/quote]
There’s a few people here that probably could to it but I have no idea what the cost might be or whether they are available etc

Thanks for Your Effort, Please how can I reach these people.

Use the Find a Developer page at http://xojo.com/support/consultants.php