Using subclasses to change control appearance

I’m trying to add visual properties (transparency, no borders) to controls like datepicker and combobox that they (apparently) do not have. Is that possible? I’m trying to use a subclass for this, but (for me) a subclass doesn’t have any new properties, just a selected subset of those already in existence. All I really want to do is use all the visual controls in a consistent way, at a consistent size. I don’t want borders or backgrounds to anything. Is there a way to achieve this? I know on the web side I can use css, but what about the desktop?

I don’t think you can add properties that the control doesn’t support. You add other properties to support the code you want to write when using the control.

2 Likes

You can subclass a control and add properties.
You can set the values of existig visual properties in the constructor : for example setting transparent or border = no
But you cannot for example make a slider control draw green as you do not get access to the control’s paint event

Thanks. That’s what I’m looking for.

Thanks for saving me some serious time trying to do something that can’t be done.