User's Guide: Extracting Changes

I just finished printing out the User Guide for Xojo2013r2. . I’m glad I did, but I do not plan to do it for each successive version of Xojo. Instead, I’d prefer to print out only the changes from version to version. (My assumption would be that that printing out the changes would take up little space compared to printing out the full User’s Guide.)

What would be the best way to do this? (I’m running Windows 7, by the way.) What I would need would be a Windows program that could compare the two versions of the User Guide, and extract the differences in a useful, meaningful way. Any suggestions? (Thanks in advance.

Barry Traver

Back in the 8 bits time (Apple II, 80s), I recall addendum for AppleWorks: a book that displays all changes, additions to the current version for people who have a prior one.

Say Xojo 2013r2 Addendum for Xojo 2013r1 users.

I already suggested that years ago, but the idea was discarded.

In fact, this is a little bit like a Release Notes document, but applied to the documentation.

What I would need would be a Windows program that could compare the two versions of the User Guide, and extract the differences in a useful, meaningful way.
Good idea, but you may get typos removing as entries ;-:slight_smile:

You may copy text (or export the pdf as text) and compare the two txt files, build the report and print it as pdf. Like anything else, this will takes time.