Unhandled StackOverflowException

Is there a limit in Xojo projects?

7 852 064 octets (7,9 Mo sur disque)

Do I have reached the limit that would 8MB?

Alain

Stack overflow has to do usually with recursive method calls which is more than just the data passed in

So I can go over 8MB.
I met several other messages.
Would it be wise to divide the project into several parts?
Or it is useless?

The default stack size is 512KB on OS X and 1MB on Windows. Where are you getting 8MB? You can create a Thread and set its stack size to whatever you want. But unless you are writing a recursive routine, you normally shouldn’t hit a stack overflow.

Thanks for your help.
I did not find what wrong, but i had a solution.
The project has more than 50 containers.
More then 8 mb on disc.

It load very fast on Yosemite server.

:slight_smile:

That’s not very big. Xojo can handle much larger projects than that.

[quote=152998:@Alain Lortie]Is there a limit in Xojo projects?

7 852 064 octets (7,9 Mo sur disque)

Do I have reached the limit that would 8MB?

Alain[/quote]
Does not seem to be the size of project that could cause “StackOverflowException”.

In IDE, make sure that in the “Project” menu, “Break on Exceptions” is checked. Then reproduce the reported “StackOverflowException” and see the “Call Stack” in Debugger. That usually provides enough information to find the underlying cause of “StackOverflowException” by setting Breakpoints and single-steping to find the starting point/reason of any needless recursion. A quick scan though the “Call Stack” should reveal if the recursion is needless or intended.

Too much local data in any heavily recursive code can also lead to “StackOverflowException”. However a “runaway” recursion leads to “StackOverflowException” even if there is no local data.