Unexpected alphabetical sorting in combobox popup

Hi there,
I’ve got a weird one here which I’ve not seen before. Here’s how to reproduce it.

• Make a new app.
  • Put a single combo box on it.
  • In the Open event, put this code:

Me.AddRow ("January") Me.AddRow ("February") Me.AddRow ("March") Me.AddRow ("April") Me.AddRow ("May") Me.AddRow ("June") Me.AddRow ("July") Me.AddRow ("August") Me.AddRow ("September") Me.AddRow ("October") Me.AddRow ("November") Me.AddRow ("December")

• Run this on Windows.
  • If you click the popup menu arrow, then the rows in the popup are displayed in the order you added them.
  • If instead you hit the down arrow on your keyboard, the rows in the popup are displayed in alphabetical order.

WTF?! Any pointers gratefully received, even if it’s ‘open a case in feedback’.

Thanks,

Hamish

I should point out I’m in 2012 r2.1, not Xojo; we need to keep supporting Snow Leopard for the time being.

That’s only happening when autocomplete is on, otherwise it stays in the entered order.
In fact i find this logical because if you use the keyboard the combobox expects you to enter an already existing text or a new one and to check fast what’s available and make it visible an alphabetical sort feels right.

OK, yes, that makes sense. I guess month names is one of the very few examples where this behaviour is counterintuitive, which is why I got confused. Thanks for the clarification.