• Apple Safari 7.1 or later 
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later 
• or Microsoft Edge 

My Chome version 70.0

Welcome to the forum! OK I dont have an answer, but many questions:

• OS?
  • Xojo version?
  • What exactly did you try ?
  • Do you get any other message before that one?
  • Did you try with a simple hello world test app?

You will get much more helpful answers if you can describe not only the problem but also the context, what you already tried to resolve it, etc. Right now, any answer would be a shot in the dark. For what it is worth, my web application works perfectly well with the latest (same?) release of Chrome. And Edge. And Firefox. And Safari. Therefore, it must be something with your environment, and we have nothing to even begin troubleshooting.

[quote=412158:@ALEJANDRO GUARDINI]Unable to run web app. No launch browser to test, message appears:

browser is not supported

• Mozilla Firefox 17 or later 
• Google Chrome 37 or later 
• Apple Safari 7.1 or later 
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later 
• or Microsoft Edge 

My Chome version 70.0[/quote]
Sounds like google changed their user agent again :frowning:

In the Session class, implement the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event and just put the code:

Return True

If that fixes it, you can use that temporarily, but it will also allow browsers that are truly unsupported. we’ll have to get a bug fix into Xojo.

[quote=412161:@Greg O’Lone]Sounds like google changed their user agent again :frowning:

In the App class, implement the UnsupportedBrowser event and just put the code:

Return True

If that fixes it, you can use that temporarily, but it will also allow browsers that are truly unsupported. we’ll have to get a bug fix into Xojo.[/quote]
My Xojo Web apps (built with v2017r3) run fine with Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Thank you all for responding. My first test a simple web page. The issue is that it does not open in the browser when I try to run a simple web app.

XOJO: 2018 r3
SO: Windows 10
Chrome Ver. 70.0.3538.77

Maybe firewall issue?

My first test was on a Mac and my second test was on Windows 10 (vmWare session). Both are running Chrome 70.0.3538.77 and both run my Web apps built with Xojo 2017r3.

I would definitely try @Greg O’Lone suggestion. The event is under Session. It is called AllowUnsupportedBrowser. This will clear out the browser issue. I doubt however that this is the issue, as I explain below.

My current development app does not implement this event handler, and Chrome 70.0.3538.77 (Build officiel) (64 bits) works just fine. I am also on Windows 10, also using 2018 R3. Something else is the issue, I am pretty sure. Possibly, you are receiving the wrong error message for whatever reason. Edit: my app is still compiled 32 bit. Is your’s compiled 64-bit? that could be a difference.

Do you launch the web application from the IDE using the green “run” button?
Have you tried to set a breakpoint at the first executable line of your code, and step through your code? This is tedious but it will tell you where your program is failing.