Unable to load all data error

When I open a project and make a change, then save, I get a message …

“This project was unable to load all data and will loose that data if you save it.”

I go ahead and save anyway and nothing seems to get lost so I’m confused.

The project (app) uses a MySQL db.

I’ve developed 4 other apps that use MySQL for the data and not had this appear before.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

do you have encrypted classes in the project ?

You opened a project saved from a newer version of Xojo?

It may have added items of data or control properties which the older version does not have.

For example, if buttons were given a new ‘Nationality’ property in Xojo 2016 , and you opened the project in Xojo 2015, it wouldnt know what to do with ‘Nationality’
And it wouldnt save the value of Nationality if you save from 2015

So if you later opened the project in 2016, the Nationality data would be ‘lost’

Nope, it’s a fairly simple front end to some MySQL data.

[quote=252175:@Jeff Tullin]You opened a project saved from a newer version of Xojo?

It may have added items of data or control properties which the older version does not have.

For example, if buttons were given a new ‘Nationality’ property in Xojo 2016 , and you opened the project in Xojo 2015, it wouldnt know what to do with ‘Nationality’
And it wouldnt save the value of Nationality if you save from 2015

So if you later opened the project in 2016, the Nationality data would be ‘lost’[/quote]

I’m using RealStudio 2012r2 … have not changed since that version came out. I’ve looked at XoJo a couple times … don’t like the designer.