Suddenly when I do a build and try to copy it via Xcode to my iPhone I’m getting the message that it’s unable to install.
Kind of a problem as I have a customer demo to do in a couple hours.
Has anyone seen this, and how do I remedy it?
I’m really hoping the answer isn’t to blow out all my profiles and certificates and start again (again!)
Here is a step by step solution that worked for me.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and open Xcode
- Xcode Menu > Window > Devices
- Copy the iPhone identifier
- Connect to https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/devices/list
- Add your device if it isn’t already in the list
- Go to https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/profiles/list
- Select the Development profile for your app then click on the EDIT button at the top right
- Add your device. If it is already there, uncheck the box then check it again. Press the SAVE button
- Download the profile then double-click on it
- Just to make sure, in Xcode go to Preferences > Accounts > Download manual profiles
Try building your app again and installing it on your iPhone.
I found it. I had an entitlement tuned on that the profile didnt support. I dont know how it turned on, but it was on.
When copying to XCode it gives no warning, but when building for the App Store it is clear.
Hope this helps someone else in the future.