UIAlertController (formerly UIActionSheet) methods?

If you have old versions of classes in your project that aren’t in iOSKit I would appreciate it if you can tell me which classes are giving you trouble so that I can add them in to eliminate any problems. I posted so many back a few months ago that I probably missed some when I was putting everything together. If the classes are in iOSKit you should just update to the newer version. Everything now should work the same unless a bug was fixed then it probably works correctly now. The only classes that have drastically changed is the AVFoundation classes because they didn’t work correctly before and errors weren’t properly returned if one occurred.

Thank you Jason. You are right that the only items are Foundation and UIKit. I tried this out in a new project, and it worked. Though in mine, I am still running into some issues. I think I found the culprit, but not sure how to fix this yet. Still playing around. I am utilizing iOSLib for a neat intro graphic on my home screen. Buttons fade in and the logo neat effect with the logo as well as a page curl up on some views. I copied over the whole iOSLib folder, not knowing which classes do what. When I take this folder out, the only errors I get are where there is animation in my current project.

Not sure if you have any advice here. I am going to keep plugging away and see if I can find which items in iOSLib are the ones I need for the animation part

Oh, yeah that is definitely going to be a problem. We are working to make it so our libs don’t clash like that. Let me send you a PM in a few minutes with a project that has some edits so they work together.

I’m in the reverse situation. I’m “heavily into” Jason’s iOSKit and I’d love to add Ulrich’s iOSLib but I can’t due to the clashes.

Thanks Jason! Looking forward to getting these to work together

Check your PM (both of you).

… and be aware that the structure may change for the final release, but we will definitely try to have an open solution available soon. And Ryan: I am currently uncertain but I think I did implement UIAlertController into iOSLib too in the past.

P.S.: I’d love to see your intro, Ryan! And I think I can speak for Jason here too we’re always interested in what is made with our libraries. It’s good to know they are useful for you!

Indeed, it’s great to see the cool things that everyone is creating!

Thanks Jason & Ulrich for all your work!

@Ulrich Bogun is there a tip on getting the iOSLib control extensions demo app to run? I get errors that AppleScrollViewControl implements Open but its superclass AppleScrollViewer does not declare such an event.

Did you pull the iOSLib folder from the main project into the demo project? External links like I used them before caused link problems that often on GitHub that I decided to remove the library from the demo projects to avoid different versions of iOSLib.

Yes so my steps are:

1. Open iOSLib Control Extensions project
  2. Drag the iOSLib folder from the root of Xojo-iOSLib into the project
  3. Run the project

I’m all squared away! Thank you @Jason King for your timely help!

I should have this project finished probably next week, then will upload to the store. I’ll be happy to send you and @Jason King a free download so you can see the pieces of your projects I am utilizing. Thank you both and to all who contribute declares and classes to the community!

[quote=206904:@Ryan Hartz]I’m all squared away! Thank you @Jason King for your timely help!

I should have this project finished probably next week, then will upload to the store. I’ll be happy to send you and @Jason King a free download so you can see the pieces of your projects I am utilizing. Thank you both and to all who contribute declares and classes to the community![/quote]
Sounds awesome I look forward to seeing it. I’m glad the classes have been able to help!

@Jason Tait: I am sorry – I probably forgot to check this project for conformity with one of the latest changes. I will try to fix it tomorrow but if I can’t find the time, I am afraid I’ll have to let you wait a week. I’ll go on a short vacation on Sunday and while I’ll have my MacBook with me, I currently cannot check iOS projects because I have the El Capitan Beta running on it and Xojo does not support XCode 7’s simulator yet.

@Ryan: That’s a great offer. Thanks a lot!

Thank you Ulrich. Whenever you can is fine. I’ve been wanting to use your methods to display views “with effects” and also to improve the iOS buttons with borders and fills, etc.

Does the library in itself (without the demo project) compile? I know there’s still a lot of classes missing, but I worked a bit on the Wiki recently so in case I am too slow fixing the demo you could try if the documentation helps you.

Yes, Jason King sent me a modified version of iOSLib that works with his iOSKit (previously I had too many conflicts to use iOSLib and iOSKit in the same project). So it’s all building fine now. I didn’t realise there was a Wiki and that might be enough. What is the URL?

It’s here: https://github.com/UBogun/Xojo-iosLib/wiki
But many classes are still missing.

And it would be great to have some feedback on this first version of cooperating libraries, especially if you want to use some of the eye candy routines. We are looking into a better solution because currently iOSLib might work a bit slower than alone, especially if a lot of Apple’s structures are used. But it might as well be the effect of it is so minimal it could be disregarded. Therefore, if you should program animations or even a SpriteKit game, feedback would be highly welcome!

@Jason Tait: I’m sorry I didn’t make it in time. If you want to see the demo views, just remove the two iOSImageViews containing the iOSLib logo that the compiler complains about.
That’s a bug in the current Xojo versions that is marked fixed already: If you forget to access a module enumeration fully qualified, the compiler may bring errors after project reload – before it simply works. Sadly I didn’t find the enumeration that causes the problem. I fixed a few but the error remains. Have to pack my bags now.

Update: I think I found it. Updated iOSLib to new version (but just had time to check that the control extensions do run again).