Tutorial in Menu - Question about execution

Working the Web tutorials. (Help | Tutorials) Brings up the Task List tutorial.

A question about where code executes (browser vs server)

Since there is no database access and no going to different pages, all this code should run in the browser with no round-trip to the server?
I have no way to confirm this until I buy, but I want know exactly what executes and where.
How do I know what code executes where?
Is there any way to force code that does not require a server - to execute on the client?

All code executes on the server. There is no client side processing. AFAIK there is no way to do this natively.

If I have a way to measure the traffic, I may be able to deal with this.

I’m in the demo version, have not paid yet.

When I hit the ‘Run’ button, where is the built deliverable?

And I’m not sure what tools would measure traffic on a localhost.

Any information on how Xojo communicates client-server and what the payload is in these communications will help me.

I can’t just jump in until I have a good grasp on the load.

[quote=89007:@Gunnar Swan]If I have a way to measure the traffic, I may be able to deal with this.

I’m in the demo version, have not paid yet.

When I hit the ‘Run’ button, where is the built deliverable?

And I’m not sure what tools would measure traffic on a localhost.

Any information on how Xojo communicates client-server and what the payload is in these communications will help me.

I can’t just jump in until I have a good grasp on the load.[/quote]

Unless you compile as CGI, you’d be essentially building a web server that you deploy as a standalone app. This means most of what you want to do with it would be controlled and programmed by you. All statistics and logfiles.

Essentially, it’s as if you were writing your own version of an Apache web server.

As for payload, as Bob mentioned all data is sent by the server, all processing is done there as well. There’s no “Server-client” (other than in the most basic sense, considering a web server and a web client) but an application for which web pages are basically “front-ends”.

If you run your application as CGI, you’d get hit and traffic data from the host web server, but still all the processing would be done in the same way.