Trying to deploy Web App to Godaddy

Hi. I’ve been having trouble getting a web app deployed. I have created a program called junk that consists of a couple of controls that do nothing. I built the web app for linux. I uploaded all of the files from the folder to my /public_html/cgi-bin/ folder. Also, I added “Addhandler cgi-script .cgi” as the first line of my .htaccess file. I am using a VPS Godaddy account as my host. I get the following errors when I try to access my webpage:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@part39.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.part39.com Port 80

My error log in cpanel:
[Tue Dec 17 10:09:50 2013] [error] [client 199.47.64.39] File does not exist: /home/p39/public_html/500.shtml

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I’ll renew my offer to send me the project so I can put it up on my GoDaddy account to troubleshoot. I already have a test project that works so it really shouldn’t be a big deal to add another.

Send me a PM if you’re interested.

@Stuart Travis - are you on a shared plan or a VPS?

Not sure on this but I remember getting those and I believe it was due to file permissions. Everything should be 755 except your config file and that should be 644.

Stuart, you already have an app in your cgi-bin : comingsoon.cgi which works quite fine. You cannot have two apps in the same folder. That may explain your problem.

What you may do is to create a new folder inside cgi-bin and place junk in there. For instance a folder called j and you will then access your program through http://www.part39.com/j/junk.cgi

If you want people to help you, you need to tell them exactly which url you use to access your program, so they can see the error for themselves.