Troubles closing DB and replacing DB.file (restore function)

SQLite database.
Xojo Web Edition
I want to provide a facility for user to restore a database from an earlier backup.

I am following this process…

1. select old backup file (FolderItem is olddb)
  2. close current db connection (db.close)
  3. delete current file (db.databasefile.delete)
  4. replace current with old (olddb.CopyFileTo db.databasefile)

Debugging this on Windows, I keep getting an Error 80 after the last step - which means “File Exists”. I believe this is telling me that I cannot copy the old file over the current one while the current one exists - but I am getting a successful LastErrorCode after deleting the current file in step 3.

What am I doing wrong?

Come on - no replies? I thought there we be something painfully obvious from you experts out there.

Web app. Running debug on Windows. Delete a file successfully (according to sourcefile.LastErrorCode = 0). Copy new file to where sourcefile was. Error code 80 says file already exists (even though I believe I deleted it from previous step).

No ideas ?!?!?

have you nil’d all your references to the db file in the app ?

Interesting. I did do a db.close.
But I will look for other references to the file elsewhere to see what else is happening.

Here’s a thought - does it matter if this file is a property in some global place like a module? What if it is a property in WebSession (which I believe is the case)?

Would something like this (below) work regardless of where the file is located as a property? (I probably won’t get to this until later today to check it out)

myActiveFile = Nil
myActiveFile = New FolderItem(file definition goes here)
backupfile.CopyFileTo myfile

make sure db.databasefile = nil too

Got it.

Turns out there was a prepared statement lingering, was able to track it down and clean up my code.
All is good now - thanks!