Trouble with WebContainers

Hi!

Webcontainers are awesome in it’s use, because you can create everything you want. But: they are also very bugy!

The bug, which lets labels only shown as a half label, is known (and very annoying). I do solve this, that I use textfields instead of Labels.

Now I have new bug: if I click on a button, the cklickevent is fired twice!

I embed some CC into another CC, which is embeded to the WebPage - all at runtime.
If I add the CC manually over the IDE, the CC works fine and the event is fired once.

Is there a workaround to solve this issue? It’s driving me nuts!

And it’s very important for me, that it works…

Thank you guys

-Lars

[quote=128005:@Lars Lehmann]Hi!

Webcontainers are awesome in it’s use, because you can create everything you want. But: they are also very bugy!

The bug, which lets labels only shown as a half label, is known (and very annoying). I do solve this, that I use textfields instead of Labels.

Now I have new bug: if I click on a button, the cklickevent is fired twice!

I embed some CC into another CC, which is embeded to the WebPage - all at runtime.
If I add the CC manually over the IDE, the CC works fine and the event is fired once.

Is there a workaround to solve this issue? It’s driving me nuts!

And it’s very important for me, that it works…
[/quote]

You could use a static flag and measure the time between click events to ignore the second one. Something like this at the beginning of the button Action event should do, on the top of my head :

Dejaclick as boolean and DejaTicks as integer are container properties

If DejaClick = True and (Ticks-DejaTicks) < 30 then return DejaClick = False else DejaTicks = Ticks DejaClick = True end if

Yea, I solve this like this:

[code] if DejaClick = 1 then 'bugs verhindern

…some Code of mine

DejaClick = 2

else
DejaClick = 1
end if[/code]

But it’s not yellow of the egg - I had hoped to get a solution - to prevent this bug.

Did not know the expression “yellow of the egg”, apparently meaning “the heart of the matter”. Must be typically German :wink: Thank you for this.

Only Greg can probably say if the bug can be prevented, and how.

huh? I speak every day with native-english-speakers and most of them know the expression ‘the Yellow of the egg’ - it means that the solution is not the best of the possibles (the yellow is better than the white of the egg) :smiley:

howsoever

thank you for your answers!

The image is enough to understand, so it is easy for an English speaker to gather the meaning, but after searching the Internet, it does seem rooted in Germany. The only mention I found was :

[quote]“She is not really the yellow of the egg”
She is ugly … German[/quote]
at http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/14i3qd/what_are_some_popular_slang_terms_used_in_your/

That is the interesting part of the global village : we all speak English, but our cultural references vary. Europeans tend to believe the widespread use of American English invades their languages, this example is proof it can go the other way…

[quote=128026:@Michel Bujardet]
Only Greg can probably say if the bug can be prevented, and how.[/quote]
That said, we know about the first one (label offsets) and there’s a bug report already. I’ve not heard about the click event problem that I can recall. Please make a small sample project and file a bug report.

for your info the TextChanged event in textfields in web containers also fires twice .

Click twice for Lars, TextChange twice for James. Which of yours gentlemen will be kind enough to file an actionable bug report with sample project attached about these niceties ?

SEPARATE bug reports.

I did two months ago