Trial version of Xojo with Sqlite db

Posting here instead.
I downloaded the Xojo trial version for Linux and understand I can’t build a ready app.
However, my question is, how do I connect and test the app working with a database (SQLite)?
I’m not really sure where (in which folder) I must place the database for testing.
Do I place the DB in any folder and simply specify the full path to the DB in the App?
I much appreciate it.

Hey Martin… just a tip… posting the same question every 20 minutes is NOT going to get you an answer any faster, as a matter of fact it may not get you an answer at all

My apology Dave. I wasn’t sure I had posted in the right section and therefor deleted the first one.

Check the example databases for SQLite.

The database can be wherever you like.
But you need to tell the database class where to find it, so you use a folderitem usually.

see SQLiteDatabase.DatabaseFile in documentation.

No, sorry, not on Linux it can’t.

Best place would be /var/lib/yourappname/

A lot of places recommend /usr/share but this should really be for read only stuff so I’d go with /var/lib

Databases and other app related resources should be stored in SpecialFolder.ApplicationData
which for Linux seems to be /home/username

reference the LangRef for SPECIALFOLDER

[quote=468936:@Dave S]Databases and other app related resources should be stored in SpecialFolder.ApplicationData
which for Linux seems to be /home/username

reference the LangRef for SPECIALFOLDER[/quote]

/home is only available to the current logged in user running the app.

He didn’t specify if it was user data or not. If it’s preferences or anything else then /home is no good and /var/lib/yourappname/ is the general accepted Linux location.