transparent checkbox

my app has a backdrop that is not white (it’s a pale graduated grey)
most of the controls have a transparent option, and they sit nicely
checkbox seems to have a white “ghost” around it
I have set the width to 16 and use a label for the text part

how can I get rid of the horrible white ghost?
thanks

PS should have mentioned
it’s fine on MAC (of course)
just windows playing up (again!)

When I ran in the same issue some time ago, then I received the answer here that setting a custom backdrop would be non-standard and discouraged by Microsoft …

So I wrote my own custom checkbox, just for Windows. Similar issue with PushButtons : on Windows I use Einhugur PictureButtons instead.

[quote=93541:@Oliver Osswald]When I ran in the same issue some time ago, then I received the answer here that setting a custom backdrop would be non-standard and discouraged by Microsoft …

So I wrote my own custom checkbox, just for Windows. Similar issue with PushButtons : on Windows I use Einhugur PictureButtons instead.[/quote]
I had a bad feeling that would be the answer
sigh
:slight_smile:

I don’t know if this is actually a good idea, but it looks like making the checkbox 13x13 works correctly (instead of 16x16). I don’t know if it will be correct on all versions, though.

that’s brilliant
looks crappy in design mode. but does EXACTLY what I wanted
you, sir, are a gent, and no mistake!

LOL - actually, it only looked awful in design mode until I ran it, then when I got back to the IDE it looked good. I’m not sure what’s going on there.

I’m not 100% sure, but back in the RealStudio days, I believe I had used a container control with a canvas and an offscreen checkbox. The canvas transferred all events to the checkbox, which was drawn into the canvas. I don’t think that the checkbox drawn into the canvas had the same issues when overlaid on a non-standard background.

I’ve noticed that a lot
vertical sliders is another example
run for a bit and they finally agree to draw themselves the “right” way round

They work fine except for one issue I have never been able to get around. In special instances when I need this, if you place them to close to each other, they flicker when the mouse cursor leaves or enters the control (I think it redraws and dirtys the other control which then redraws). Have you seen this or have a workaround?

No, I haven’t. But maybe I just never had a case where they were so close to each other (?).

On Windows only I think it was. I had a special need to have them that close and couldn’t use it.