Transfer to phone without App Store?

If I just want to create iOS apps for my own use and have no need or desire to use the Apple App Store, is there a way to transfer my creations to my iPhone or iPad?

You can do it with Xcode, but you still need an Apple developer account and you’ll have to reinstall them every year.

So no way to easily do it in Xojo without a developer account?

No way to do it at all without an Apple developer account AFAIK.

Thanks for the info Greg. I won’t waste me time learning how to create a Mobile App. I just don’t have the need or desire to do so given the process and fees. Since I have no plans to create apps for sale or distribution it just doesn’t make sense for me.

2 Likes

I can’t try this because I have a developer account: Can one test on the phone (that is, debug from Xojo on the phone instead of the simulator) without an account?

So Steve, if you want to create an app for your self, you can (the above comment is just about testing). Ask one of the friendly people here to build it, and make you a Beta tester. The app will run for 90 days.

1 Like

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. Not really what I’m looking for. I don’t have Xojo for mobile apps and since I can’t use for my purposes, it doesn’t really make since to get the license. Especially given the 90 day limit with your suggestion.

Thanks again.

It’s not really kosher to do that. You’re asking someone else to certify that your code isn’t breaking any of apples rules.

I’d suggest that anyone considering this that you re-read the EULA that you signed with Apple, because I’d bet that this isn’t allowed.

2 Likes

I was flabbergasted that a Consultant Request was posted not long ago, for this very thing.

2 Likes

Which means that the person really didn’t understand the purpose of individual accounts, certificates and all that. OR they were planning something nefarious and wanted someone else to take the blame.