Track all web apps and all sessions on a server.

I have a production server that contains many xojo web apps and where many users can connect to.

Some web apps are stand alone and some others are CGI.

I would like to see on my server by session ID who are connected, on which web app it is connected and other details.

There was a code using Runtime.objectiterator but it only gives information on my current app.

Is there a way to see all Xojo apps and find out who is connected?

In each application you iterate through the sessions in the app object. http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/WebApplication.SessionAtIndex Use SessionCount to get the number of sessions and whatever other information you can glean from the session.

So, to do what you want you’ll have to create a management web app that interrogates each web app to get their session information. Number of ways to do it I suppose. TCP Sockets. Even using SpecialURL is a possibility. Not sure if ServerSocket works in web apps but that might be another possibility.

Thanks Bob for your answer.

I find out that there is no easy way to browse all the web apps. It has to be done one by one.

In each web apps, I will write in a data base all the access per user and a web app to extract the information I need. Of course, I would have preferred to read it directly from the run time objects but it is an easy way to do it.

Glad I can help. Keep It Simple, Silly (KISS) is usually the best way to go about things like this.