Toolbar without text

Is there a way to remove the text below the toolbar icons for Windows? Using “” isn’t clearing up the space it normally takes.

There is no way I know of to do that.

Seems you are ready to create a custom toolbar, so you will be able to position pictures in canvas where the text would have been. Since Windows windows :wink: do not have rounded edges as Mac does, you can easily do that with a plain box window.

Using Canvas with Windows is a drag regarding flickering. Tried several things found here but nothing really helps fixing flickering.
Dont want a toolbar that looks funky :slight_smile:

Are there any good 3th party Toolbars for Win?

[quote=129060:@Christoph De Vocht]Using Canvas with Windows is a drag regarding flickering. Tried several things found here but nothing really helps fixing flickering.
Dont want a toolbar that looks funky :)[/quote]
Tried turning on Double Buffering on Windows? Fixes the flickering.

Toolbar and RibbonControl by Jeremie Leroy are just great. Worth every penny!

Using no canvas at all in an application seems very difficult.

I find this post and the links it contains extremely promising :
https://forum.xojo.com/1452-windows-flicker-in-the-ide?search=%22Double+buffering+winAPI+%22

I am sorry, but experimentation with 2014 R 2.1 under Windows 8.1 64 bits of a quickly put together bar made of a grey rectangle with icons in canvas over it show no flickering at all when moving the window or resizing it.

I am not saying that no flicker exist, just that it depends where canvas are used and for what. If you are not moving them or something like that, why should they flicker ?

[quote=129082:@Michel Bujardet]I find this post and the links it contains extremely promising :
https://forum.xojo.com/1452-windows-flicker-in-the-ide?search="Double+buffering+winAPI+" [/quote]

Already did read that and tried everything. It keeps flicker in many cases.
But I understand it cannot be resolved completely (Windows just doesn’t double buffer by default)

Yes, when you the canvas itself isn’t moved (toolbar is mostly attached at top and left) when scaling a window it does not (or less) introduce flickering. So a toolbar should be doable. :slight_smile:

Seems interesting. Will try out some Leroy stuff. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this still works or not, and it is a hack at best…

but I found at one time that setting the caption in the toolbar to CHRB(8), removed it completely (ie. backspace)

Funny trick that could work in theory but not within Windows 8.1 :slight_smile: